TWiki

Jim Beard
Howdy Folks,

I recently upgraded to 3.8, but am having trouble doing the upgrade for the
TWiki package. I did a pkg_add -r -F update TWiki and the install starts
fine. Then part way through it craps out. When it craps out it leaves me
with a partial package install. I now have partial-TWiki in the
/var/db/pkg/* directory. My TWiki no longs shows data view the cgis, however
the data is still on disk (i didn't lose my twiki content thank goodness).

Soooo.....

First off, what do I do with the partial package deal?

Secondly, is this a problem with the package or port?

I'm not sure how to fix my problem and retain my wiki content....

Any advice?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: TWiki

steven mestdagh
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:59:56PM -0800, Jim Beard wrote:
> Howdy Folks,
>
> I recently upgraded to 3.8, but am having trouble doing the upgrade for the
> TWiki package. I did a pkg_add -r -F update TWiki and the install starts
> fine. Then part way through it craps out.

"it craps out" makes no sense as a bug report.

> When it craps out it leaves me
> with a partial package install. I now have partial-TWiki in the
> /var/db/pkg/* directory. My TWiki no longs shows data view the cgis, however
> the data is still on disk (i didn't lose my twiki content thank goodness).
>
> Soooo.....
>
> First off, what do I do with the partial package deal?

please read the faq
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#PkgPartial

> Secondly, is this a problem with the package or port?

you did not provide enough info to answer this.
my guess is you modified some files, causing collisions during pkg_add.

> I'm not sure how to fix my problem and retain my wiki content....

make a backup before fixing it?

--
steven

Re: TWiki

Nikolay Sturm-2
* Jim Beard [2005-11-07]:
> I recently upgraded to 3.8, but am having trouble doing the upgrade
> for the TWiki package. I did a pkg_add -r -F update TWiki and the

Besides Steven being correct and your bug report basically being total
crap itself, the port broke before 3.8. Trying to fix it later this
week.

Nikolay

Re: TWiki

Jim Beard
Thanks for the info.

I wasn't trying to file a formal bug report, all I was doing was trying to
see if anyone else had experienced similar problems, which it seems someone
had. You'll notice I never said "What went wrong?", I just tried to get a
good bearing on where to go from here. I greatly appreciate the link to the
partial package in the faq, hadn't seen that before.

FYI, I had not modified any of the twiki files. I only installed it and used
it.

On 11/7/05, Nikolay Sturm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Jim Beard [2005-11-07]:
> > I recently upgraded to 3.8, but am having trouble doing the upgrade
> > for the TWiki package. I did a pkg_add -r -F update TWiki and the
>
> Besides Steven being correct and your bug report basically being total
> crap itself, the port broke before 3.8. Trying to fix it later this
> week.
>
> Nikolay

Re: TWiki

Jim Beard
I was able to fix my problem, and thought I'd pass on the info to whomever
might be looking into the issue. It seemed mainly like directory issues.

To get the package to update "cleanly", I did 'ln -s /var/www/htdocs/twiki
/var/www/htdocs/twiki/twiki'.

To get the links to function correctly on the newly installed package, I did
'ln -s /var/www/cgi-bin/twiki /var/www/htdocs/twiki/bin'. I then added a
ScriptAlias entry in my httpd.conf file for the newly linked directory.

After that it seems to be working again...