Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Garry Taylor
Hello,
Apologies if this is the wrong group, I could not find a list specific to
MIPS/Loongson devices.

I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running on
startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with complains
about being uncleanly shutdown.

On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.

So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run the
'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to make
it work at all.

Thanks

Garry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Miod Vallat
> I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running on
> startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
> However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with complains
> about being uncleanly shutdown.

How did you `turn the machine back on'?

> On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.

OpenBSD is not able to detect lid close on the Yeeloong at the moment.

> So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run the
> 'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to make
> it work at all.

Suspend: zzz
Resume: press any key or the touchpad. Do not touch the power button.

Miod

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Garry Taylor
Thank you for the reply, I have now tried suspending with 'zzz', which puts
the netbook to sleep within a second, but it will not turn back on by
pressing keys or the touchpad/touchpad buttons.

So now the machine will not go back on, unless I assume, if I use the power
button, in which case it will come up from cold boot rather than resume.

Thanks for the help, any other ideas?


On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running on
> > startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
> > However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with
> complains
> > about being uncleanly shutdown.
>
> How did you `turn the machine back on'?
>
> > On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.
>
> OpenBSD is not able to detect lid close on the Yeeloong at the moment.
>
> > So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run the
> > 'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to
> make
> > it work at all.
>
> Suspend: zzz
> Resume: press any key or the touchpad. Do not touch the power button.
>
> Miod

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Bryan Irvine
In reply to this post by Miod Vallat
oops, replied to only Miod.


On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> > I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running
>> on
>> > startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
>> > However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with
>> complains
>> > about being uncleanly shutdown.
>>
>> How did you `turn the machine back on'?
>>
>> > On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.
>>
>> OpenBSD is not able to detect lid close on the Yeeloong at the moment.
>>
>> > So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run the
>> > 'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to
>> make
>> > it work at all.
>>
>> Suspend: zzz
>> Resume: press any key or the touchpad. Do not touch the power button.
>>
>
This only intermittently works on my 8089B.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Garry Taylor
Do you know if this is an OpenBSD issue, or hardware? I didn't keep Linux
on it long enough to check...

So, does this mean that no kind of suspend/hibernate works? It starts up
pretty quick, but not quick enough to replace suspend/resume for me I don't
think.


On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> oops, replied to only Miod.
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> > I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running
> >> on
> >> > startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
> >> > However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with
> >> complains
> >> > about being uncleanly shutdown.
> >>
> >> How did you `turn the machine back on'?
> >>
> >> > On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.
> >>
> >> OpenBSD is not able to detect lid close on the Yeeloong at the moment.
> >>
> >> > So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run
> the
> >> > 'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to
> >> make
> >> > it work at all.
> >>
> >> Suspend: zzz
> >> Resume: press any key or the touchpad. Do not touch the power button.
> >>
> >
> This only intermittently works on my 8089B.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Garry Taylor
In reply to this post by Bryan Irvine
Just bumping this issue. I've got a Lemote netbook which will sleep, but
not resume. I need this to work, or I just won't be able to use the device.

If I can confirm that it's not going to work properly in the foreseeable
future, then I can offload it.

Cheers
Garry


On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> oops, replied to only Miod.
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Bryan Irvine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> > I have installed OpenBSD onto my Lemote netbook, and have apmd running
> >> on
> >> > startup. If I run the command 'zzz' the computer suspends perfectly.
> >> > However, on turning the machine back on, it boots as normal, with
> >> complains
> >> > about being uncleanly shutdown.
> >>
> >> How did you `turn the machine back on'?
> >>
> >> > On closing the lid of the netbook, the computer remains on.
> >>
> >> OpenBSD is not able to detect lid close on the Yeeloong at the moment.
> >>
> >> > So, simply put, how can I make suspend/resume work? I'm happy to run
> the
> >> > 'zzz' command instead of closing the lid, I'd just like to know how to
> >> make
> >> > it work at all.
> >>
> >> Suspend: zzz
> >> Resume: press any key or the touchpad. Do not touch the power button.
> >>
> >
> This only intermittently works on my 8089B.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Paul Irofti-4
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:01:37AM +0100, Garry Taylor wrote:
> Just bumping this issue. I've got a Lemote netbook which will sleep, but
> not resume. I need this to work, or I just won't be able to use the device.
>
> If I can confirm that it's not going to work properly in the foreseeable
> future, then I can offload it.

dmesg or it didn't happen!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Miod Vallat
In reply to this post by Garry Taylor
> Thank you for the reply, I have now tried suspending with 'zzz', which puts
> the netbook to sleep within a second, but it will not turn back on by
> pressing keys or the touchpad/touchpad buttons.
>
> So now the machine will not go back on, unless I assume, if I use the power
> button, in which case it will come up from cold boot rather than resume.

I have just checked, and this feature is indeed currently broken. This
is a regression, which I need to investigate...

Miod

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suspend/Resume on Lemote Yeeloong netbook

Garry Taylor
OK, thanks for the confirmation, at least it's not just me! Let me know if
you need me to test anything on my hardware.

Cheers

Garry


On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Thank you for the reply, I have now tried suspending with 'zzz', which
> puts
> > the netbook to sleep within a second, but it will not turn back on by
> > pressing keys or the touchpad/touchpad buttons.
> >
> > So now the machine will not go back on, unless I assume, if I use the
> power
> > button, in which case it will come up from cold boot rather than resume.
>
> I have just checked, and this feature is indeed currently broken. This
> is a regression, which I need to investigate...
>
> Miod