Survey on the usage of IPv6

Claudio Jeker
For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I are
doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD developers
and users.

It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.

You find the survey online at

http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6

and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.

Many thanks,
Marc & Claudio

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Vadim Zhukov
On 30 January 2009 c. 20:50:47 Claudio Jeker wrote:

> For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I
> are doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD
> developers and users.
>
> It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
> answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
> since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
>
> You find the survey online at
>
> http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
>
> and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.
>
> Many thanks,
> Marc & Claudio

Should be "Do you use IPv6 autoconfiguration?" answered "yes" or "no" in
case of using DHCPv6, and not router solicitation?

--
  WBR,
    Pereresus ne Vlezaet Buggy

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Lars D. Noodén
Registration is a barrier.  What do you want to know?

-Lars

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Aaron Stellman
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:14:12PM +0200, Lars Nood??n wrote:
> Registration is a barrier.  What do you want to know?

there is no necessary registration -- click the top left button to start the
survey...

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

João Salvatti
I don't need registration to participate.

--
"Se Debugar i a arte de remover bugs, programar i a arte de inserm-los".

Donald E. Knuth.

--
Joco Salvatti
Graduated in Computer Science
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Darrin Chandler
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:14:12PM +0200, Lars Noodin wrote:
> Registration is a barrier.  What do you want to know?

The button on the upper LEFT, which says "Start Survey"

I made the same mistake. ;-)

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[hidden email]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Tom Van Looy-2
Will (when) the results and the paper be published publicly?

Claudio Jeker wrote:

> For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I are
> doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD developers
> and users.
>
> It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
> answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
> since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
>
> You find the survey online at
>
> http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
>
> and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.
>
> Many thanks,
> Marc & Claudio

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Ingo Schwarze
Lars Nooden wrote on Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 08:14:12PM +0200:

> Registration is a barrier.  What do you want to know?

Tell your browser to allow cookies from ilias.msys.ch
before clicking on the button "Start Survey".

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Marc Balmer-2
* Tom Van Looy wrote:
> Will (when) the results and the paper be published publicly?

yes.  after AsiaBSDCon (which is where we present the paper) it
will be publicly available.

--
Marc Balmer, Micro Systems, Wiesendamm 2a, Postfach, CH-4019 Basel, Switzerland
http://www.msys.ch/     http://www.vnode.ch/   "In God we trust, in C we code."

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:58:16PM +0100, Tom Van Looy wrote:
> Will (when) the results and the paper be published publicly?

It is part of asiabsdcon (see events.html and the results will end up on
papers.html after the conference).

:wq Claudio

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:04:22PM +0300, Pereresus ne Vlezaet Buggy wrote:

> On 30 January 2009 c. 20:50:47 Claudio Jeker wrote:
> > For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I
> > are doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD
> > developers and users.
> >
> > It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
> > answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
> > since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
> >
> > You find the survey online at
> >
> > http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
> >
> > and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Marc & Claudio
>
> Should be "Do you use IPv6 autoconfiguration?" answered "yes" or "no" in
> case of using DHCPv6, and not router solicitation?

I would say answer with yes. It is not a static configuration.

:wq Claudio

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Michiel van Baak-2
On 18:50, Fri 30 Jan 09, Claudio Jeker wrote:

> For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I are
> doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD developers
> and users.
>
> It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
> answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
> since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
>
> You find the survey online at
>
> http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
>
> and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.

I answered "Yes" to "do you use autoconfiguration" because some of my
laptops/devices use this. Servers and my main laptop are statically
configured.

Just thought I should give you this extra info :)
--

Michiel van Baak
[hidden email]

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

J.C. Roberts-3
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:50:47 +0100 Claudio Jeker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and I
> are doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD
> developers and users.
>
> It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
> answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
> since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
>
> You find the survey online at
>
> http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
>
> and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.
>
> Many thanks,
> Marc & Claudio

There's a small typo in one answer; "no" versus "not"

Should be: "will not use IPv6 until supported by my ISP"

I'm paraphrasing above since I don't know if trying to access the
exact question/page again will screw up your stats.

J.C. Roberts

Re: Survey on the usage of IPv6

Sean Kamath
On Jan 31, 2009, at 2:50 AM, Michiel van Baak wrote:

> On 18:50, Fri 30 Jan 09, Claudio Jeker wrote:
>> For an IPv6 related paper we are currently working on, Claudio and
>> I are
>> doing a small online survey on the use of IPv6 among OpenBSD
>> developers
>> and users.
>>
>> It would be nice if you could spare 10-15 minutes of your time and
>> answer the questions.  Please do that also if you don't use IPv6,
>> since that helps us evaluating how much it is used.
>>
>> You find the survey online at
>>
>> http://ilias.msys.ch/goto.php?target=svy_41&client_id=ipv6
>>
>> and you start the survey by pressing the button on the top left.
>
> I answered "Yes" to "do you use autoconfiguration" because some of my
> laptops/devices use this. Servers and my main laptop are statically
> configured.
>
> Just thought I should give you this extra info :)

Yeah, as a simple survey it's fine, but it can lead to slightly
psychotic answers if you did some investigations into IPv6 at a job,
then moved on, and your old ISP before you moved didn't offer IPv6 and
after you move your new ISP supports it.  But I just went with a
general history of my experience en toto. . .  I'd be happy to answer
a more detailed survey.

Sean