Sun V240 will not boot with generic ati video

Sun V240 will not boot with generic ati video

David Savolainen
Hello,
I tried to post this at [hidden email], but it bounced, or rather didn't go through at all so I apologize in advance.
I was hoping to get decent video (any video at all actually) on my V240 since my XVR-600 was not displaying anything at all despite everything appearing to work. I installed a 32 bit ATI Radeon 3450 graphics, which should be supported by OpenBSD in general, unsure about in sparc64 though. I get this error on boot:

pci4 at ppb0 bus 1
radeondrm0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 3450 PCI" rev 0x00
drm0 at radeondrm0
radeondrm0: ivec 0x744
schizo3: pci bus B error
PCIAFSR=2080000020000000<PRTRY,SRTRY,MEM>
PCIAFAR=100004c0
PCICTRL=20710a2cff<RTRY,MMU_INT,EEN>
PCICSR=2a00146<MEM,MASTER,PARITY,SERR,CLK66,BACK2BACK_STAT,DEVSEL_MEDIUM>
panic: schizo3: fatal
SERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

{0} ok

There is no other card in this machine, only the graphics card. Is this card not electrically compatible with the v240? Is my V240 broken? Is support for this chipset not included in sparc64? Is there a bug?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-- David Savolainen