Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

alexs-5
hi,

# uname -a
OpenBSD bull.ulgsm 4.7 GENERIC.MP#11 sparc64

Installed from iso snabshot 2010-06-02 on sun Netra T2000 with
Qlogic psi express cart.

ips driver found 2300 cart, but no scsibus and no sd.
2313 found ips and scsibus, but not sd.


In google i found http://readlist.com/lists/openbsd.org/misc/5/29424.html
hoe must seen my cards:
<===== good stuff=====>
isp0 at pci3 dev 3 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: irq 11
scsibus2 at isp0: 256 targets
sd2 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 1: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.26> SCSI5 0/
direct fixed
sd2: 478736MB, 59842 cyl, 128 head, 128 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 980451328
sec total
<==================>


my dmesg for qlogic 2300
console is /virtual-devices@100/console@1
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1995-2010 OpenBSD. All rights reserved.
http://www.OpenBSD.org

OpenBSD 4.7-current (GENERIC.MP) #11: Tue Jun  1 20:51:27 MDT 2010
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 8455716864 (8064MB)
avail mem = 8239194112 (7857MB)
mainbus0 at root: Netra T2000
cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu1 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu2 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu3 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu4 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu5 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu6 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu7 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu8 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu9 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu10 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu11 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu12 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu13 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu14 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
cpu15 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-T1 (rev 0.0) @ 1000 MHz
vbus0 at mainbus0
"flashprom" at vbus0 not configured
cbus0 at vbus0
"virtual-channel" at cbus0 not configured
"virtual-channel-client" at cbus0 not configured
"virtual-channel" at cbus0 not configured
vcons0 at vbus0: ivec 0x111
vrtc0 at vbus0
"fma" at vbus0 not configured
"sunvts" at vbus0 not configured
"sunmc" at vbus0 not configured
"explorer" at vbus0 not configured
"led" at vbus0 not configured
"flashupdate" at vbus0 not configured
"ncp" at vbus0 not configured
"telco-alarm" at vbus0 not configured
vpci0 at mainbus0: bus 2 to 9, dvma map 80000000-ffffffff
pci0 at vpci0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci1 at ppb0 bus 3
ppb1 at pci1 dev 1 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci2 at ppb1 bus 4
em0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB)" rev 0x06: ivec
0x795, address 00:14:
4f:e6:14:f0
em1 at pci2 dev 0 function 1 "Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB)" rev 0x06: ivec
0x796, address 00:14:
4f:e6:14:f1
ppb2 at pci1 dev 2 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci3 at ppb2 bus 5
ppb3 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc: ivec 0x794
pci4 at ppb3 bus 6
ppb4 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci5 at ppb4 bus 7
isp0 at pci5 dev 1 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: ivec 0x795
ppb5 at pci4 dev 0 function 2 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci6 at ppb5 bus 8
ppb6 at pci1 dev 9 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci7 at ppb6 bus 9
mpi0 at pci7 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS1064E" rev 0x02: ivec 0x795
scsibus0 at mpi0: 63 targets
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <LSILOGIC, Logical Volume, 3000> SCSI2
0/direct fixed
sd0: 139945MB, 512 bytes/sec, 286607360 sec total
vpci1 at mainbus0: bus 2 to 11, dvma map 80000000-ffffffff
pci8 at vpci1
ppb7 at pci8 dev 0 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci9 at ppb7 bus 3
ppb8 at pci9 dev 1 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci10 at ppb8 bus 4
ppb9 at pci10 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci11 at ppb9 bus 5
ebus0 at pci11 dev 2 function 0 "Acer Labs M1533 ISA" rev 0x00
com0 at ebus0 addr 3f8-3ff ivec 0x2: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
ohci0 at pci11 dev 5 function 0 "Acer Labs M5237 USB" rev 0x03: ivec 0x7c1,
version 1.0, legacy
 support
ohci1 at pci11 dev 6 function 0 "Acer Labs M5237 USB" rev 0x03: ivec 0x7c3,
version 1.0, legacy
 support
pciide0 at pci11 dev 8 function 0 "Acer Labs M5229 UDMA IDE" rev 0xc4: DMA,
channel 0 configure
d to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
pciide0: using ivec 0x7c4 for native-PCI interrupt
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0
scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <TSSTcorp, CD/DVDW TS-T632A, SR03> ATAPI
5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
pciide0: channel 1 disabled (no drives)
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Acer Labs OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb10 at pci10 dev 0 function 2 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci12 at ppb10 bus 6
ppb11 at pci9 dev 2 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc
pci13 at ppb11 bus 7
em2 at pci13 dev 0 function 0 "Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB)" rev 0x06: ivec
0x7d6, address 00:14
:4f:e6:14:f2
em3 at pci13 dev 0 function 1 "Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB)" rev 0x06: ivec
0x7d7, address 00:14
:4f:e6:14:f3
ppb12 at pci9 dev 8 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc: ivec 0x7d4
pci14 at ppb12 bus 8
ppb13 at pci9 dev 9 function 0 "PLX PEX 8532" rev 0xbc: ivec 0x7d6
pci15 at ppb13 bus 9
ppb14 at pci15 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci16 at ppb14 bus 10
ppb15 at pci15 dev 0 function 2 "Intel 41210 PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci17 at ppb15 bus 11
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
bootpath: /pci@780,0/pci@0,0/pci@9,0/scsi@0,0/disk@1,0
root on sd0a swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
WARNING: / was not properly unmounted


If need i can give Any more info and make any tests.




--
alexs

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

Theo de Raadt
> ips driver found 2300 cart, but no scsibus and no sd.
> 2313 found ips and scsibus, but not sd.
>
>
> In google i found http://readlist.com/lists/openbsd.org/misc/5/29424.html
> hoe must seen my cards:
> <===== good stuff=====>
> isp0 at pci3 dev 3 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: irq 11
> scsibus2 at isp0: 256 targets
> sd2 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 1: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.26> SCSI5 0/
> direct fixed
> sd2: 478736MB, 59842 cyl, 128 head, 128 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 980451328
> sec total

Unfortunately some isp(4) cards work... and some other ones don't.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

Francesco Vollero
Theo de Raadt ha scritto:

>> ips driver found 2300 cart, but no scsibus and no sd.
>> 2313 found ips and scsibus, but not sd.
>>
>>
>> In google i found http://readlist.com/lists/openbsd.org/misc/5/29424.html
>> hoe must seen my cards:
>> <===== good stuff=====>
>> isp0 at pci3 dev 3 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: irq 11
>> scsibus2 at isp0: 256 targets
>> sd2 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 1: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.26> SCSI5 0/
>> direct fixed
>> sd2: 478736MB, 59842 cyl, 128 head, 128 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 980451328
>> sec total
>>    
>
> Unfortunately some isp(4) cards work... and some other ones don't.
>
>
>  
It's a random behavior or something more in deep about isp cards ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

Stuart Henderson
On 2010/06/10 10:58, Francesco Vollero wrote:

> Theo de Raadt ha scritto:
> >>ips driver found 2300 cart, but no scsibus and no sd.
> >>2313 found ips and scsibus, but not sd.
> >>
> >>
> >>In google i found http://readlist.com/lists/openbsd.org/misc/5/29424.html
> >>hoe must seen my cards:
> >><===== good stuff=====>
> >>isp0 at pci3 dev 3 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: irq 11
> >>scsibus2 at isp0: 256 targets
> >>sd2 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 1: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.26> SCSI5 0/
> >>direct fixed
> >>sd2: 478736MB, 59842 cyl, 128 head, 128 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 980451328
> >>sec total
> >
> >Unfortunately some isp(4) cards work... and some other ones don't.
> >
> >
> It's a random behavior or something more in deep about isp cards ?
>

I have one of those running a snap from Jan 2009 which works ok,
at some point between then and Dec 2009 it broke in the way you
describe. I talked to krw about it but unfortunately it's on a
remote customer machine that doesn't reboot well so isn't
available for testing.

isp0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: apic 3 int 0 (irq 12)
scsibus1 at isp0: 256 targets, initiator 1
sd3 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.50> SCSI3 0/direct fixed

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sun Netra T2000 dont see qlogic 2300 and 2313

alexs-5
* Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> [2010-06-10 10:28:48 +0100]:

> On 2010/06/10 10:58, Francesco Vollero wrote:
> > Theo de Raadt ha scritto:
> > >>ips driver found 2300 cart, but no scsibus and no sd.
> > >>2313 found ips and scsibus, but not sd.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>In google i found http://readlist.com/lists/openbsd.org/misc/5/29424.html
> > >>hoe must seen my cards:
> > >><===== good stuff=====>
> > >>isp0 at pci3 dev 3 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: irq 11
> > >>scsibus2 at isp0: 256 targets
> > >>sd2 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 1: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.26> SCSI5 0/
> > >>direct fixed
> > >>sd2: 478736MB, 59842 cyl, 128 head, 128 sec, 512 bytes/sec, 980451328
> > >>sec total
> > >
> > >Unfortunately some isp(4) cards work... and some other ones don't.
> > >
> > >
> > It's a random behavior or something more in deep about isp cards ?
> >
>
> I have one of those running a snap from Jan 2009 which works ok,
> at some point between then and Dec 2009 it broke in the way you
> describe. I talked to krw about it but unfortunately it's on a
> remote customer machine that doesn't reboot well so isn't
> available for testing.

I can give a full access to this hardware.

>
> isp0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "QLogic ISP2300" rev 0x01: apic 3 int 0 (irq 12)
> scsibus1 at isp0: 256 targets, initiator 1
> sd3 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <APPLE, Xserve RAID, 1.50> SCSI3 0/direct fixed

--
alexs