Sun Hardware Available

Andy Griggs
Hello,
     My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware and
I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to be
destroyed.

The only requirements are:

1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange for
pickup.  I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only need
to handle shipping charges.

2. The offer is for one or two servers per request.  There are a lot of
servers on the list, from T2000 to a few M4000.  This is not a one person
take all unless a deal can be worked for further distribution to SPARC
developers.

3. We will configure and test prior to shipping.  Some chassis have been
stripped of memory and hard drives.  We can arrange for remote sessions if
interested parties would like to kick the tires before shipping.

I will accommodate as time permits, respond with items of interest and the
discussion can be taken off list.  The list is attached, respond if there
is an issue and I can send via email directly.

Regards,
Andy

Sun_hardware.xlsx (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Sun Hardware Available

Sevan / Venture37-2
On 3 April 2015 at 14:02, Andy Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>      My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware and
> I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to be
> destroyed.
>
> The only requirements are:
>
> 1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange for
> pickup.  I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only need
> to handle shipping charges.

Hi Andy,
Where abouts are the servers based for those that may consider collection?

Sevan / Venture37

Re: Sun Hardware Available

Andy Griggs
The location is Alpharetta, GA 30005

We have daily UPS and FedEx pickups as well.

Thanks,
Andy

On Apr 3, 2015 5:18 PM, "Sevan / Venture37" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3 April 2015 at 14:02, Andy Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware
and
> > I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to
be
> > destroyed.
> >
> > The only requirements are:
> >
> > 1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange
for
> > pickup.  I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only
need
> > to handle shipping charges.
>
> Hi Andy,
> Where abouts are the servers based for those that may consider collection?
>

> Sevan / Venture37

Re: Sun Hardware Available

Cory Smelosky
What're the prices for the equipment?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 09:02, Andy Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>     My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware and
> I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to be
> destroyed.
>
> The only requirements are:
>
> 1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange for
> pickup.  I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only need
> to handle shipping charges.
>
> 2. The offer is for one or two servers per request.  There are a lot of
> servers on the list, from T2000 to a few M4000.  This is not a one person
> take all unless a deal can be worked for further distribution to SPARC
> developers.
>
> 3. We will configure and test prior to shipping.  Some chassis have been
> stripped of memory and hard drives.  We can arrange for remote sessions if
> interested parties would like to kick the tires before shipping.
>
> I will accommodate as time permits, respond with items of interest and the
> discussion can be taken off list.  The list is attached, respond if there
> is an issue and I can send via email directly.
>

> Regards,
> Andy
> <Sun_hardware.xlsx>

Re: Sun Hardware Available

Andy Griggs
The systems are being donated, only shipping is not being covered.

Thanks,
Andy
On Apr 3, 2015 6:46 PM, "Cory Smelosky" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What're the prices for the equipment?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 3, 2015, at 09:02, Andy Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >     My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware
> and
> > I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to
> be
> > destroyed.
> >
> > The only requirements are:
> >
> > 1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange
> for
> > pickup.  I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only
> need
> > to handle shipping charges.
> >
> > 2. The offer is for one or two servers per request.  There are a lot of
> > servers on the list, from T2000 to a few M4000.  This is not a one person
> > take all unless a deal can be worked for further distribution to SPARC
> > developers.
> >
> > 3. We will configure and test prior to shipping.  Some chassis have been
> > stripped of memory and hard drives.  We can arrange for remote sessions
> if
> > interested parties would like to kick the tires before shipping.
> >
> > I will accommodate as time permits, respond with items of interest and
> the
> > discussion can be taken off list.  The list is attached, respond if there
> > is an issue and I can send via email directly.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Andy
> > <Sun_hardware.xlsx>

Re: Sun Hardware Available

RichardET
In Princeton,nj area‎. Have sun blade 100, (2) Fifteen GB drives, 2 GB ram, original monitor, keyboard, mouse. Mint condition running OpenBSD 5.6; CD drive, USB connections. If anyone would like it, it's free, as in free beer. Just let me know.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
> On Apr 3, 2015, at 09:02, Andy Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> My company is in the process of recycling some Sun/Oracle hardware and
> I would like to offer the items to the group before we send them off to be
> destroyed.
>
> The only requirements are:
>
> 1. Interested parties will need to provide a shipping label or arrange for
> pickup. I will have our logistics clerk pack the items, you will only need
> to handle shipping charges.
>
> 2. The offer is for one or two servers per request. There are a lot of
> servers on the list, from T2000 to a few M4000. This is not a one person
> take all unless a deal can be worked for further distribution to SPARC
> developers.
>
> 3. We will configure and test prior to shipping. Some chassis have been
> stripped of memory and hard drives. We can arrange for remote sessions if
> interested parties would like to kick the tires before shipping.
>
> I will accommodate as time permits, respond with items of interest and the
> discussion can be taken off list. The list is attached, respond if there
> is an issue and I can send via email directly.
>

> Regards,
> Andy
> <Sun_hardware.xlsx>

Re: Sun Hardware Available

Andy Griggs
I should clarify, my intent is for the systems to go to OpenBSD SPARC
developers, even nonprofit entities and education.

Perhaps after a week the offer will be opened to anyone, these are going to
be sent to the scrap heap.