Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

peterwkc
Hello to all OpenBSD expect, i have install the above software from source and packages.

I configure Privoxy and Tor first but Why when i try Privoxy with Tor, it say No such domain and Error 404 is displayed ?

My configuration for Privoxy and Tor is as below :

/etc/privoxy/conf
Quote:
configdir /etc/privoxy/conf
logdir /var/log/privoxy
logfile logfile
listen-address 172.16.10.1:8118
toggle 1
buffer_limit 4096
forward-socks4a / 127.0.0.1:9050 .
/etc/torrc
Quote:
SocketListenAddress 127.0.0.1
RunAsDaemon 1
/etc/tor_tsocks.conf
Quote:
Server=127.0.0.1
Server_port=9050

I hope you all can help me out. I also willing to donate bandwidth for Tor Onion network.

Thanks for your explanation.

A billion thanks for your help.

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

Fabian Keil-2
Peter_APIIT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I configure Privoxy and Tor first but Why when i try Privoxy with Tor, it
> say No such domain and Error 404 is displayed ?

Maybe because your Privoxy version is out of date
and Tor isn't running. Did you miss the FAQ?

http://www.privoxy.org/faq/misc.html#TOR

> My configuration for Privoxy and Tor is as below :
>
> /etc/privoxy/conf
> Quote:
> configdir /etc/privoxy/conf
> logdir /var/log/privoxy
> logfile logfile
> listen-address 172.16.10.1:8118
> toggle 1
> buffer_limit 4096
> forward-socks4a / 127.0.0.1:9050 .

Is that the complete file?

> /etc/torrc
> Quote:
> SocketListenAddress 127.0.0.1

That's not a valid option. You probably meant SocksListenAddress.

Fabian

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

peterwkc
>Maybe because your Privoxy version is out of date
and Tor isn't running. Did you miss the FAQ?

My privoxy and tor is running as show top command and ps -aux | grep privoxy or tor | less

>Is that the complete file?

No - I didn't change other configuration.

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

peterwkc
Please help me.

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

peterwkc

I very disappointed with this forum because no one willing to help me.

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

Philip Guenther-2
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Peter_APIIT <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I very disappointed with this forum because no one willing to help me.

Someone tried, but you didn't really seem to listen what he said.  He
pointed you at the privoxy FAQ entry that suggests verifying that
privoxy and tor operate correctly on their own before you try to make
them work together.  Your response was to note that the privoxy and
tor processes were running.  That doesn't say *anything* about whether
they work by themselves!  He also pointed out that you had a bogus
option in one of the configs, but you apparently ignored that.  If you
don't listen to what people say, they'll stop trying to talk to you...

Anyway, you're probably better off asking your question in the forums
for those specific packages.

Philip Guenther
(Not a privoxy or tor user)

Re: Squid -> Privoxy -> Tor

Marco S Hyman
Peter_APIIT writes:
 > I very disappointed with this forum because no one willing to help me.

It is not a web forum, it is a mailing list.

No one on the list has any obligation to help you.  If you want
support figure out your budget then call one of the commercial
organizations listed at http://www.openbsd.org/support.html

If you're not willing to pay for support and you're not willing
to wait for some fellow user to read your message and maybe reply
with something helpful spend your time reading the docs and figure
it out yourself.  Then, in the future when someone else asks
the question you'll be able to answer.

It is possible that you are the first on the mailing list to try
to do whatever it is you want to do.

// marc