Spotify client for OpenBSD

Chris Mailer
Is there any Spotify client for OpenBSD? I tried Spotify support in
clementine, which doesnt seem to work since the spotify blob seems to
rely on Linux libs. I even tried to get it work using compat_linux and
installing the missing fc10 rpms, but without success.
Thanks,
Chris

Re: Spotify client for OpenBSD

Aaron Bieber-2
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015, at 07:20 AM, Chris Mailer wrote:
> Is there any Spotify client for OpenBSD? I tried Spotify support in
> clementine, which doesnt seem to work since the spotify blob seems to
> rely on Linux libs. I even tried to get it work using compat_linux and
> installing the missing fc10 rpms, but without success.
> Thanks,
> Chris

A long time ago this worked: https://github.com/eest/despotify-obsd

Re: Spotify client for OpenBSD

Alexander Hall
There is, or was, a project called "despotify".

On November 16, 2015 3:20:55 PM GMT+01:00, Chris Mailer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Is there any Spotify client for OpenBSD? I tried Spotify support in
>clementine, which doesnt seem to work since the spotify blob seems to
>rely on Linux libs. I even tried to get it work using compat_linux and
>installing the missing fc10 rpms, but without success.
>Thanks,
>Chris

Re: Spotify client for OpenBSD

Rick Hanson
> A long time ago this worked: https://github.com/eest/despotify-obsd

Aaron, thanks for hosting the distro
(http://qbit.devio.us/despotify-1.520.tar.gz).  The original (at
http://despotify.se) seems to be long gone.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Rick Hanson wrote:
> > A long time ago this worked: https://github.com/eest/despotify-obsd
>
> Aaron, thanks for hosting the distro
> (http://qbit.devio.us/despotify-1.520.tar.gz).  The original (at
> http://despotify.se) seems to be long gone.

NP - thanks to Devio.us! There is also a node client that worked, but
there wasn't a UI for it back then:

https://github.com/qbit/spot was my attempt at making one.

Re: Spotify client for OpenBSD

Chris Mailer
Yes found that already but that is only a very basic command line
client with no option for local storage.
Is there anything else?
Thanks,
Chris