Someone has running Ekiga?

Tomas Bodzar-4
Hi all,

I installed ekiga trough ports (pkg_add wasn't succesfull) and I'm
maybe missing some info.

$ pkg_info -M gnome-keyring
Information for inst:gnome-keyring-2.24.1p3

Install notice:
The gnome-keyring SSH agent is disabled by default. If needed, there are
two ways to enable it.

System-wide:
  sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source` \
        --type bool --set /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh true

Per user:
  gconftool-2 --set --type bool /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh true

$

I haven't /apps directory on the system.This directory is only in my
home folder under ~/.gconf and
I can't set path with '.' after '/'.

Ekiga is not able to start then.

Gconf key error

Ekiga got an invalid value for the GConf key
"/apps/ekiga/general/gconf_test_age".

It probably means that your GConf schemas have not been correctly
installed or the that permissions are not correct.

Please check the FAQ (http://www.ekiga.org/), the troubleshooting
section of the GConf site (http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/) or
about this problem.

I'm googling but still no point :-(

http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Someone has running Ekiga?

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, TomC!E! BodE>C!r wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed ekiga trough ports (pkg_add wasn't succesfull) and I'm
> maybe missing some info.
>
> $ pkg_info -M gnome-keyring
> Information for inst:gnome-keyring-2.24.1p3

???
You should use
$ pkg_info -M ekiga

And surprise, you'll have everything needed to make this work. By the
way, this is an ekiga FAQ on their website.

Antoine

Re: Someone has running Ekiga?

Tomas Bodzar-4
I made it,but it doesn't help.That's why I'm asking.

http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Someone has running Ekiga?

Stuart Henderson
On 2009-04-27, Toma? Bod?ar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I made it,but it doesn't help.That's why I'm asking.

did you follow the "You have to restart..." section here?

$ pkg_info ekiga
Information for ftp://obsd.cec.mtu.edu//pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/ekiga-2.0.12p14.tgz

Comment:
SIP and H.323 compatible conferencing application

Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is an open source VoIP and video
conferencing application for GNOME.  Ekiga uses both the H.323 and SIP
protocols. It supports many audio and video codecs, and is interoperable
with other SIP compliant software and also with Microsoft NetMeeting.

Maintainer: Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse <[hidden email]>,  Antoine Jacoutot <[hidden email]>

WWW: http://www.ekiga.org/

Install notice:
You have to restart the GConf daemon by killing it before running Ekiga
for the first time.  As a regular user:
  gconftool-2 --shutdown && ekiga

Re: Someone has running Ekiga?

Nick Guenther
The "apps" dir there is virtual. Gconf makes a virtual filesystem
where preference data is stored. Install gconf-editor to understand
really quickly. I found it confusing too.

So did you run that command?

On 27/04/2009, Toma Bodar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed ekiga trough ports (pkg_add wasn't succesfull) and I'm
> maybe missing some info.
>
> $ pkg_info -M gnome-keyring
> Information for inst:gnome-keyring-2.24.1p3
>
> Install notice:
> The gnome-keyring SSH agent is disabled by default. If needed, there are
> two ways to enable it.
>
> System-wide:
>   sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=`gconftool-2
> --get-default-source` \
>         --type bool --set /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh true
>
> Per user:
>   gconftool-2 --set --type bool /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh
> true
>

> $
>
> I haven't /apps directory on the system.This directory is only in my
> home folder under ~/.gconf and
> I can't set path with '.' after '/'.
>
> Ekiga is not able to start then.
>
> Gconf key error
>
> Ekiga got an invalid value for the GConf key
> "/apps/ekiga/general/gconf_test_age".
>
> It probably means that your GConf schemas have not been correctly
> installed or the that permissions are not correct.
>
> Please check the FAQ (http://www.ekiga.org/), the troubleshooting
> section of the GConf site (http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/) or
> about this problem.
>
> I'm googling but still no point :-(

> http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Someone has running Ekiga?

Tomas Bodzar-4
After installation of gconf-editor ekiga runs fine.So why isn't
gconf-editor as dependency for ekiga?

2009/4/29 Toma Bodar <[hidden email]>:
> After installation of gconf-editor ekiga runs fine.So why isn't
> gconf-editor as dependency for ekiga?

Huh? Because gconf-editor just edits the gconf database. It shouldn't
have caused this. Maybe installing it triggered something else to get
installed that is actually what fixed ekiga, or maybe running it a
first time caused gconf to valid-ize all your keys. Weird.

-Nick