Snort

Martin Ekendahl
Is anyone working on updating the snorts port? I contacted the
maintainer but haven't heard back. Want to make sure I don't encroach on
anybody else's work ;-)

-Martin

Re: Snort

Randal T. Rioux
I was about to do the same. Let me know if you don't hear back within a
reasonable time. Perhaps we can do some collaboration.

Randy

Martin Ekendahl wrote:
> Is anyone working on updating the snorts port? I contacted the
> maintainer but haven't heard back. Want to make sure I don't encroach on
> anybody else's work ;-)
>
> -Martin

Re: Snort

Chris Kuethe
I knocked this together this morning. The splitting out of the rules
makes things interesting....

On 03/11/05, Randal T. Rioux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was about to do the same. Let me know if you don't hear back within a
> reasonable time. Perhaps we can do some collaboration.
>
> Randy
>

> Martin Ekendahl wrote:
> > Is anyone working on updating the snorts port? I contacted the
> > maintainer but haven't heard back. Want to make sure I don't encroach on
> > anybody else's work ;-)
> >
> > -Martin

snort.diff (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Snort

Martin Ekendahl
Testing it now, compiled and installed fine (with default options on
i386 current compiled on 10/02 ) give me a couple minutes and I'll have
some results from running it.

-Martin

Chris Kuethe wrote:

> I knocked this together this morning. The splitting out of the rules
> makes things interesting....
>
> On 03/11/05, Randal T. Rioux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was about to do the same. Let me know if you don't hear back within a
>> reasonable time. Perhaps we can do some collaboration.
>>
>> Randy
>>

>> Martin Ekendahl wrote:
>>> Is anyone working on updating the snorts port? I contacted the
>>> maintainer but haven't heard back. Want to make sure I don't encroach on
>>> anybody else's work ;-)
>>>
>>> -Martin
>>>

> --
> GDB has a 'break' feature; why doesn't it have 'fix' too?

Re: Snort

Nikolay Sturm-2
* Chris Kuethe [2005-11-04]:
> I knocked this together this morning. The splitting out of the rules
> makes things interesting....

Indeed, the rules file seems to change every now and then. This way we
cannot include it into the port.

Nikolay