Snort, DAQ, and established flow

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
Hi,

I use OpenBSD 5.3-beta
kern.version=OpenBSD 5.3-beta (GENERIC) #33: Fri Feb 15 17:03:34 MST
2013
     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC

I have some questions:

1) If i run this :  $(whereis snort) -v # give me :
Running in packet dump mode

         --== Initializing Snort ==--
Initializing Output Plugins!
ERROR: Can't find pcap DAQ!
Fatal Error, Quitting..

what is missing ? i already tried add p5-Net-Pcap, py-libpcap, same
error...

2) i have these rules in my local.rules file :
# detect RDP
alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> any 3389 (msg : "traffic rdp"; sid:110091)
# detect social network : 8minutesDating
alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"SOCIAL NET -
8minuteD
ating"; flow:to_server,established; content:"Host\:";
pcre:"/(Host\:)(\s[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.|\s)(8minutedating.c
om)\r\n/"; sid: 1871000;)

RDP Alert works well.
But social network alert doesn't work if i let the rule option
"flow:to_server,established" activated.
Any idea ?

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Wesley

My snort.conf file :
---------------------
ipvar HOME_NET 10.100.1.0/24
ipvar EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET
ipvar DNS_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar SMTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar TELNET_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar SSH_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar FTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
ipvar SIP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
portvar HTTP_PORTS
[80,81,311,591,593,901,1220,1414,1830,2301,2381,2809,3128,3702,4343,5250,7001,7145,7510,7777,7779,8000,8008,8014,8028,8080,8088,8118,8123,8180,8181,8243,8280,8800,8888,8899,9080,9090,9091,9443,9999,11371,55555]
portvar SHELLCODE_PORTS !80
portvar ORACLE_PORTS 1024:
portvar SSH_PORTS 22
portvar FTP_PORTS [21,2100,3535]
portvar SIP_PORTS [5060,5061,5600]
portvar FILE_DATA_PORTS [$HTTP_PORTS,110,143]
portvar GTP_PORTS [2123,2152,3386]
ipvar AIM_SERVERS
[64.12.24.0/23,64.12.28.0/23,64.12.161.0/24,64.12.163.0/24,64.12.200.0/24,205.188.3.0/24,205.188.5.0/24,205.188.7.0/24,205.188.9.0/24,205.188.153.0/24,205.188.179.0/24,205.188.248.0/24]
var RULE_PATH /etc/snort/rules
var SO_RULE_PATH /etc/snort/so_rules
var PREPROC_RULE_PATH /etc/snort/preproc_rules
config disable_decode_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_experimental_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_obsolete_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_ttcp_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_alerts
config disable_ipopt_alerts
config checksum_mode: all
config daq_dir: /usr/local/lib/daq/
config pcre_match_limit: 3500
config pcre_match_limit_recursion: 1500
config detection: search-method ac-split search-optimize
max-pattern-len 20
config event_queue: max_queue 8 log 3 order_events content_length
config paf_max: 16000
dynamicpreprocessor directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
dynamicengine /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so
dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules
preprocessor normalize_ip4
preprocessor normalize_tcp: ips ecn stream
preprocessor normalize_icmp4
preprocessor normalize_ip6
preprocessor normalize_icmp6
preprocessor frag3_global: max_frags 65536
preprocessor frag3_engine: policy windows detect_anomalies
overlap_limit 10 min_fragment_length 100 timeout 180
preprocessor stream5_global: track_tcp yes, \
    track_udp yes, \
    track_icmp no, \
    max_tcp 262144, \
    max_udp 131072, \
    max_active_responses 2, \
    min_response_seconds 5
preprocessor stream5_tcp: policy windows, detect_anomalies,
require_3whs 180, \
    overlap_limit 10, small_segments 3 bytes 150, timeout 180, \
     ports client 21 22 23 25 42 53 79 109 110 111 113 119 135 136 137
139 143 \
         161 445 513 514 587 593 691 1433 1521 2100 3306 6070 6665 6666
6667 6668 6669 \
         7000 8181 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775 32776 32777 32778
32779, \
     ports both 80 81 311 443 465 563 591 593 636 901 989 992 993 994
995 1220 1414 1830 2301 2381 2809 3128 3702 4343 5250 7907 7001 7145
7510 7802 7777 7779 \
         7801 7900 7901 7902 7903 7904 7905 7906 7908 7909 7910 7911
7912 7913 7914 7915 7916 \
         7917 7918 7919 7920 8000 8008 8014 8028 8080 8088 8118 8123
8180 8243 8280 8800 8888 8899 9080 9090 9091 9443 9999 11371 55555
preprocessor stream5_udp: timeout 180
preprocessor http_inspect: global iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252
compress_depth 65535 decompress_depth 65535
preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
     http_methods { GET POST PUT SEARCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK
NOTIFY POLL BCOPY BDELETE BMOVE LINK UNLINK OPTIONS HEAD DELETE TRACE
TRACK CONNECT SOURCE SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE PROPFIND PROPPATCH BPROPFIND
BPROPPATCH RPC_CONNECT PROXY_SUCCESS BITS_POST CCM_POST SMS_POST
RPC_IN_DATA RPC_OUT_DATA RPC_ECHO_DATA } \
     chunk_length 500000 \
     server_flow_depth 0 \
     client_flow_depth 0 \
     post_depth 65495 \
     oversize_dir_length 500 \
     max_header_length 750 \
     max_headers 100 \
     max_spaces 0 \
     small_chunk_length { 10 5 } \
     ports { 80 81 311 591 593 901 1220 1414 1830 2301 2381 2809 3128
3702 4343 5250 7001 7145 7510 7777 7779 8000 8008 8014 8028 8080 8088
8118 8123 8180 8181 8243 8280 8800 8888 8899 9080 9090 9091 9443 9999
11371 55555 } \
     non_rfc_char { 0x00 0x01 0x02 0x03 0x04 0x05 0x06 0x07 } \
     enable_cookie \
     extended_response_inspection \
     inspect_gzip \
     normalize_utf \
     unlimited_decompress \
     normalize_javascript \
     apache_whitespace no \
     ascii no \
     bare_byte no \
     directory no \
     double_decode no \
     iis_backslash no \
     iis_delimiter no \
     iis_unicode no \
     multi_slash no \
     utf_8 no \
     u_encode yes \
     webroot no
preprocessor rpc_decode: 111 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775 32776
32777 32778 32779 no_alert_multiple_requests no_alert_large_fragments
no_alert_incomplete
preprocessor bo
preprocessor ftp_telnet: global inspection_type stateful
encrypted_traffic no
preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: telnet \
     ayt_attack_thresh 20 \
     normalize ports { 23 } \
     detect_anomalies
preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: ftp server default \
     def_max_param_len 100 \
     ports { 21 2100 3535 } \
     telnet_cmds yes \
     ignore_telnet_erase_cmds yes \
     ftp_cmds { ABOR ACCT ADAT ALLO APPE AUTH CCC CDUP } \
     ftp_cmds { CEL CLNT CMD CONF CWD DELE ENC EPRT } \
     ftp_cmds { EPSV ESTA ESTP FEAT HELP LANG LIST LPRT } \
     ftp_cmds { LPSV MACB MAIL MDTM MIC MKD MLSD MLST } \
     ftp_cmds { MODE NLST NOOP OPTS PASS PASV PBSZ PORT } \
     ftp_cmds { PROT PWD QUIT REIN REST RETR RMD RNFR } \
     ftp_cmds { RNTO SDUP SITE SIZE SMNT STAT STOR STOU } \
     ftp_cmds { STRU SYST TEST TYPE USER XCUP XCRC XCWD } \
     ftp_cmds { XMAS XMD5 XMKD XPWD XRCP XRMD XRSQ XSEM } \
     ftp_cmds { XSEN XSHA1 XSHA256 } \
     alt_max_param_len 0 { ABOR CCC CDUP ESTA FEAT LPSV NOOP PASV PWD
QUIT REIN STOU SYST XCUP XPWD } \
     alt_max_param_len 200 { ALLO APPE CMD HELP NLST RETR RNFR STOR STOU
XMKD } \
     alt_max_param_len 256 { CWD RNTO } \
     alt_max_param_len 400 { PORT } \
     alt_max_param_len 512 { SIZE } \
     chk_str_fmt { ACCT ADAT ALLO APPE AUTH CEL CLNT CMD } \
     chk_str_fmt { CONF CWD DELE ENC EPRT EPSV ESTP HELP } \
     chk_str_fmt { LANG LIST LPRT MACB MAIL MDTM MIC MKD } \
     chk_str_fmt { MLSD MLST MODE NLST OPTS PASS PBSZ PORT } \
     chk_str_fmt { PROT REST RETR RMD RNFR RNTO SDUP SITE } \
     chk_str_fmt { SIZE SMNT STAT STOR STRU TEST TYPE USER } \
     chk_str_fmt { XCRC XCWD XMAS XMD5 XMKD XRCP XRMD XRSQ } \
     chk_str_fmt { XSEM XSEN XSHA1 XSHA256 } \
     cmd_validity ALLO < int [ char R int ] > \
     cmd_validity EPSV < [ { char 12 | char A char L char L } ] > \
     cmd_validity MACB < string > \
     cmd_validity MDTM < [ date nnnnnnnnnnnnnn[.n[n[n]]] ] string > \
     cmd_validity MODE < char ASBCZ > \
     cmd_validity PORT < host_port > \
     cmd_validity PROT < char CSEP > \
     cmd_validity STRU < char FRPO [ string ] > \
     cmd_validity TYPE < { char AE [ char NTC ] | char I | char L [
number ] } >
preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: ftp client default \
     max_resp_len 256 \
     bounce yes \
     ignore_telnet_erase_cmds yes \
     telnet_cmds yes
preprocessor smtp: ports { 25 465 587 691 } \
     inspection_type stateful \
     b64_decode_depth 0 \
     qp_decode_depth 0 \
     bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
     uu_decode_depth 0 \
     log_mailfrom \
     log_rcptto \
     log_filename \
     log_email_hdrs \
     normalize cmds \
     normalize_cmds { ATRN AUTH BDAT CHUNKING DATA DEBUG EHLO EMAL ESAM
ESND ESOM ETRN EVFY } \
     normalize_cmds { EXPN HELO HELP IDENT MAIL NOOP ONEX QUEU QUIT RCPT
RSET SAML SEND SOML } \
     normalize_cmds { STARTTLS TICK TIME TURN TURNME VERB VRFY X-ADAT
X-DRCP X-ERCP X-EXCH50 } \
     normalize_cmds { X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN
XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
     max_command_line_len 512 \
     max_header_line_len 1000 \
     max_response_line_len 512 \
     alt_max_command_line_len 260 { MAIL } \
     alt_max_command_line_len 300 { RCPT } \
     alt_max_command_line_len 500 { HELP HELO ETRN EHLO } \
     alt_max_command_line_len 255 { EXPN VRFY ATRN SIZE BDAT DEBUG EMAL
ESAM ESND ESOM EVFY IDENT NOOP RSET } \
     alt_max_command_line_len 246 { SEND SAML SOML AUTH TURN ETRN DATA
RSET QUIT ONEX QUEU STARTTLS TICK TIME TURNME VERB X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE
XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
     valid_cmds { ATRN AUTH BDAT CHUNKING DATA DEBUG EHLO EMAL ESAM ESND
ESOM ETRN EVFY } \
     valid_cmds { EXPN HELO HELP IDENT MAIL NOOP ONEX QUEU QUIT RCPT
RSET SAML SEND SOML } \
     valid_cmds { STARTTLS TICK TIME TURN TURNME VERB VRFY X-ADAT X-DRCP
X-ERCP X-EXCH50 } \
     valid_cmds { X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN
XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
     xlink2state { enabled }
preprocessor ssh: server_ports { 22 } \
                   autodetect \
                   max_client_bytes 19600 \
                   max_encrypted_packets 20 \
                   max_server_version_len 100 \
                   enable_respoverflow enable_ssh1crc32 \
                   enable_srvoverflow enable_protomismatch
preprocessor dcerpc2: memcap 102400, events [co ]
preprocessor dcerpc2_server: default, policy WinXP, \
     detect [smb [139,445], tcp 135, udp 135, rpc-over-http-server 593],
\
     autodetect [tcp 1025:, udp 1025:, rpc-over-http-server 1025:], \
     smb_max_chain 3, smb_invalid_shares ["C$", "D$", "ADMIN$"]
preprocessor dns: ports { 53 } enable_rdata_overflow
preprocessor ssl: ports { 443 465 563 636 989 992 993 994 995 7801 7802
7900 7901 7902 7903 7904 7905 7906 7907 7908 7909 7910 7911 7912 7913
7914 7915 7916 7917 7918 7919 7920 }, trustservers, noinspect_encrypted
preprocessor sensitive_data: alert_threshold 25
preprocessor sip: max_sessions 40000, \
    ports { 5060 5061 5600 }, \
    methods { invite \
              cancel \
              ack \
              bye \
              register \
              options \
              refer \
              subscribe \
              update \
              join \
              info \
              message \
              notify \
              benotify \
              do \
              qauth \
              sprack \
              publish \
              service \
              unsubscribe \
              prack }, \
    max_uri_len 512, \
    max_call_id_len 80, \
    max_requestName_len 20, \
    max_from_len 256, \
    max_to_len 256, \
    max_via_len 1024, \
    max_contact_len 512, \
    max_content_len 2048
preprocessor imap: \
    ports { 143 } \
    b64_decode_depth 0 \
    qp_decode_depth 0 \
    bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
    uu_decode_depth 0
preprocessor pop: \
    ports { 110 } \
    b64_decode_depth 0 \
    qp_decode_depth 0 \
    bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
    uu_decode_depth 0
preprocessor modbus: ports { 502 }
preprocessor dnp3: ports { 20000 } \
    memcap 262144 \
    check_crc
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
include classification.config
include reference.config
include $RULE_PATH/local.rules
include threshold.conf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
Thank you very much for your answer.

I just read man pages...

Cheers,

Wesley

Le 2013-02-22 18:35, Chris Eidem a écrit :

> Spend more time reading the docs:
>
> https://www.snort.org/start/requirements
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> DAQ
>
> DAQ is the Data-Acquisition API that is necessary to use Snort
> version 2.9.0 and above.
>
> For more information and to download please visit DAQ[1]
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> Any more chatter about snort is not relevant to this list, take your
> questions to the snort listserve.
>
> [1] http://www.snort.org/downloads/2103
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Wesley M.A.
> Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 5:06 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Snort, DAQ, and established flow
>
> Hi,
>
> I use OpenBSD 5.3-beta
> kern.version=OpenBSD 5.3-beta (GENERIC) #33: Fri Feb 15 17:03:34 MST
> 2013
>      [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1) If i run this :  $(whereis snort) -v # give me :
> Running in packet dump mode
>
>          --== Initializing Snort ==--
> Initializing Output Plugins!
> ERROR: Can't find pcap DAQ!
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>
> what is missing ? i already tried add p5-Net-Pcap, py-libpcap, same
> error...
>
> 2) i have these rules in my local.rules file :
> # detect RDP
> alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> any 3389 (msg : "traffic rdp"; sid:110091)
> # detect social network : 8minutesDating
> alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"SOCIAL NET
> -
> 8minuteD
> ating"; flow:to_server,established; content:"Host\:";
> pcre:"/(Host\:)(\s[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.|\s)(8minutedating.c
> om)\r\n/"; sid: 1871000;)
>
> RDP Alert works well.
> But social network alert doesn't work if i let the rule option
> "flow:to_server,established" activated.
> Any idea ?
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wesley
>
> My snort.conf file :
> ---------------------
> ipvar HOME_NET 10.100.1.0/24
> ipvar EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET
> ipvar DNS_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar SMTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar TELNET_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar SSH_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar FTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> ipvar SIP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
> portvar HTTP_PORTS
>
> [80,81,311,591,593,901,1220,1414,1830,2301,2381,2809,3128,3702,4343,5250,7001,7145,7510,7777,7779,8000,8008,8014,8028,8080,8088,8118,8123,8180,8181,8243,8280,8800,8888,8899,9080,9090,9091,9443,9999,11371,55555]
> portvar SHELLCODE_PORTS !80
> portvar ORACLE_PORTS 1024:
> portvar SSH_PORTS 22
> portvar FTP_PORTS [21,2100,3535]
> portvar SIP_PORTS [5060,5061,5600]
> portvar FILE_DATA_PORTS [$HTTP_PORTS,110,143]
> portvar GTP_PORTS [2123,2152,3386]
> ipvar AIM_SERVERS
>
> [64.12.24.0/23,64.12.28.0/23,64.12.161.0/24,64.12.163.0/24,64.12.200.0/24,205.188.3.0/24,205.188.5.0/24,205.188.7.0/24,205.188.9.0/24,205.188.153.0/24,205.188.179.0/24,205.188.248.0/24]
> var RULE_PATH /etc/snort/rules
> var SO_RULE_PATH /etc/snort/so_rules
> var PREPROC_RULE_PATH /etc/snort/preproc_rules
> config disable_decode_alerts
> config disable_tcpopt_experimental_alerts
> config disable_tcpopt_obsolete_alerts
> config disable_tcpopt_ttcp_alerts
> config disable_tcpopt_alerts
> config disable_ipopt_alerts
> config checksum_mode: all
> config daq_dir: /usr/local/lib/daq/
> config pcre_match_limit: 3500
> config pcre_match_limit_recursion: 1500
> config detection: search-method ac-split search-optimize
> max-pattern-len 20
> config event_queue: max_queue 8 log 3 order_events content_length
> config paf_max: 16000
> dynamicpreprocessor directory
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
> dynamicengine /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so
> dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules
> preprocessor normalize_ip4
> preprocessor normalize_tcp: ips ecn stream
> preprocessor normalize_icmp4
> preprocessor normalize_ip6
> preprocessor normalize_icmp6
> preprocessor frag3_global: max_frags 65536
> preprocessor frag3_engine: policy windows detect_anomalies
> overlap_limit 10 min_fragment_length 100 timeout 180
> preprocessor stream5_global: track_tcp yes, \
>     track_udp yes, \
>     track_icmp no, \
>     max_tcp 262144, \
>     max_udp 131072, \
>     max_active_responses 2, \
>     min_response_seconds 5
> preprocessor stream5_tcp: policy windows, detect_anomalies,
> require_3whs 180, \
>     overlap_limit 10, small_segments 3 bytes 150, timeout 180, \
>      ports client 21 22 23 25 42 53 79 109 110 111 113 119 135 136
> 137
> 139 143 \
>          161 445 513 514 587 593 691 1433 1521 2100 3306 6070 6665
> 6666
> 6667 6668 6669 \
>          7000 8181 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775 32776 32777
> 32778
> 32779, \
>      ports both 80 81 311 443 465 563 591 593 636 901 989 992 993 994
> 995 1220 1414 1830 2301 2381 2809 3128 3702 4343 5250 7907 7001 7145
> 7510 7802 7777 7779 \
>          7801 7900 7901 7902 7903 7904 7905 7906 7908 7909 7910 7911
> 7912 7913 7914 7915 7916 \
>          7917 7918 7919 7920 8000 8008 8014 8028 8080 8088 8118 8123
> 8180 8243 8280 8800 8888 8899 9080 9090 9091 9443 9999 11371 55555
> preprocessor stream5_udp: timeout 180
> preprocessor http_inspect: global iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252
> compress_depth 65535 decompress_depth 65535
> preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
>      http_methods { GET POST PUT SEARCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK
> NOTIFY POLL BCOPY BDELETE BMOVE LINK UNLINK OPTIONS HEAD DELETE TRACE
> TRACK CONNECT SOURCE SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE PROPFIND PROPPATCH
> BPROPFIND
> BPROPPATCH RPC_CONNECT PROXY_SUCCESS BITS_POST CCM_POST SMS_POST
> RPC_IN_DATA RPC_OUT_DATA RPC_ECHO_DATA } \
>      chunk_length 500000 \
>      server_flow_depth 0 \
>      client_flow_depth 0 \
>      post_depth 65495 \
>      oversize_dir_length 500 \
>      max_header_length 750 \
>      max_headers 100 \
>      max_spaces 0 \
>      small_chunk_length { 10 5 } \
>      ports { 80 81 311 591 593 901 1220 1414 1830 2301 2381 2809 3128
> 3702 4343 5250 7001 7145 7510 7777 7779 8000 8008 8014 8028 8080 8088
> 8118 8123 8180 8181 8243 8280 8800 8888 8899 9080 9090 9091 9443 9999
> 11371 55555 } \
>      non_rfc_char { 0x00 0x01 0x02 0x03 0x04 0x05 0x06 0x07 } \
>      enable_cookie \
>      extended_response_inspection \
>      inspect_gzip \
>      normalize_utf \
>      unlimited_decompress \
>      normalize_javascript \
>      apache_whitespace no \
>      ascii no \
>      bare_byte no \
>      directory no \
>      double_decode no \
>      iis_backslash no \
>      iis_delimiter no \
>      iis_unicode no \
>      multi_slash no \
>      utf_8 no \
>      u_encode yes \
>      webroot no
> preprocessor rpc_decode: 111 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775
> 32776
> 32777 32778 32779 no_alert_multiple_requests no_alert_large_fragments
> no_alert_incomplete
> preprocessor bo
> preprocessor ftp_telnet: global inspection_type stateful
> encrypted_traffic no
> preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: telnet \
>      ayt_attack_thresh 20 \
>      normalize ports { 23 } \
>      detect_anomalies
> preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: ftp server default \
>      def_max_param_len 100 \
>      ports { 21 2100 3535 } \
>      telnet_cmds yes \
>      ignore_telnet_erase_cmds yes \
>      ftp_cmds { ABOR ACCT ADAT ALLO APPE AUTH CCC CDUP } \
>      ftp_cmds { CEL CLNT CMD CONF CWD DELE ENC EPRT } \
>      ftp_cmds { EPSV ESTA ESTP FEAT HELP LANG LIST LPRT } \
>      ftp_cmds { LPSV MACB MAIL MDTM MIC MKD MLSD MLST } \
>      ftp_cmds { MODE NLST NOOP OPTS PASS PASV PBSZ PORT } \
>      ftp_cmds { PROT PWD QUIT REIN REST RETR RMD RNFR } \
>      ftp_cmds { RNTO SDUP SITE SIZE SMNT STAT STOR STOU } \
>      ftp_cmds { STRU SYST TEST TYPE USER XCUP XCRC XCWD } \
>      ftp_cmds { XMAS XMD5 XMKD XPWD XRCP XRMD XRSQ XSEM } \
>      ftp_cmds { XSEN XSHA1 XSHA256 } \
>      alt_max_param_len 0 { ABOR CCC CDUP ESTA FEAT LPSV NOOP PASV PWD
> QUIT REIN STOU SYST XCUP XPWD } \
>      alt_max_param_len 200 { ALLO APPE CMD HELP NLST RETR RNFR STOR
> STOU
> XMKD } \
>      alt_max_param_len 256 { CWD RNTO } \
>      alt_max_param_len 400 { PORT } \
>      alt_max_param_len 512 { SIZE } \
>      chk_str_fmt { ACCT ADAT ALLO APPE AUTH CEL CLNT CMD } \
>      chk_str_fmt { CONF CWD DELE ENC EPRT EPSV ESTP HELP } \
>      chk_str_fmt { LANG LIST LPRT MACB MAIL MDTM MIC MKD } \
>      chk_str_fmt { MLSD MLST MODE NLST OPTS PASS PBSZ PORT } \
>      chk_str_fmt { PROT REST RETR RMD RNFR RNTO SDUP SITE } \
>      chk_str_fmt { SIZE SMNT STAT STOR STRU TEST TYPE USER } \
>      chk_str_fmt { XCRC XCWD XMAS XMD5 XMKD XRCP XRMD XRSQ } \
>      chk_str_fmt { XSEM XSEN XSHA1 XSHA256 } \
>      cmd_validity ALLO < int [ char R int ] > \
>      cmd_validity EPSV < [ { char 12 | char A char L char L } ] > \
>      cmd_validity MACB < string > \
>      cmd_validity MDTM < [ date nnnnnnnnnnnnnn[.n[n[n]]] ] string > \
>      cmd_validity MODE < char ASBCZ > \
>      cmd_validity PORT < host_port > \
>      cmd_validity PROT < char CSEP > \
>      cmd_validity STRU < char FRPO [ string ] > \
>      cmd_validity TYPE < { char AE [ char NTC ] | char I | char L [
> number ] } >
> preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: ftp client default \
>      max_resp_len 256 \
>      bounce yes \
>      ignore_telnet_erase_cmds yes \
>      telnet_cmds yes
> preprocessor smtp: ports { 25 465 587 691 } \
>      inspection_type stateful \
>      b64_decode_depth 0 \
>      qp_decode_depth 0 \
>      bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
>      uu_decode_depth 0 \
>      log_mailfrom \
>      log_rcptto \
>      log_filename \
>      log_email_hdrs \
>      normalize cmds \
>      normalize_cmds { ATRN AUTH BDAT CHUNKING DATA DEBUG EHLO EMAL
> ESAM
> ESND ESOM ETRN EVFY } \
>      normalize_cmds { EXPN HELO HELP IDENT MAIL NOOP ONEX QUEU QUIT
> RCPT
> RSET SAML SEND SOML } \
>      normalize_cmds { STARTTLS TICK TIME TURN TURNME VERB VRFY X-ADAT
> X-DRCP X-ERCP X-EXCH50 } \
>      normalize_cmds { X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50
> XGEN
> XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
>      max_command_line_len 512 \
>      max_header_line_len 1000 \
>      max_response_line_len 512 \
>      alt_max_command_line_len 260 { MAIL } \
>      alt_max_command_line_len 300 { RCPT } \
>      alt_max_command_line_len 500 { HELP HELO ETRN EHLO } \
>      alt_max_command_line_len 255 { EXPN VRFY ATRN SIZE BDAT DEBUG
> EMAL
> ESAM ESND ESOM EVFY IDENT NOOP RSET } \
>      alt_max_command_line_len 246 { SEND SAML SOML AUTH TURN ETRN
> DATA
> RSET QUIT ONEX QUEU STARTTLS TICK TIME TURNME VERB X-EXPS
> X-LINK2STATE
> XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
>      valid_cmds { ATRN AUTH BDAT CHUNKING DATA DEBUG EHLO EMAL ESAM
> ESND
> ESOM ETRN EVFY } \
>      valid_cmds { EXPN HELO HELP IDENT MAIL NOOP ONEX QUEU QUIT RCPT
> RSET SAML SEND SOML } \
>      valid_cmds { STARTTLS TICK TIME TURN TURNME VERB VRFY X-ADAT
> X-DRCP
> X-ERCP X-EXCH50 } \
>      valid_cmds { X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN
> XLICENSE XQUE XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
>      xlink2state { enabled }
> preprocessor ssh: server_ports { 22 } \
>                    autodetect \
>                    max_client_bytes 19600 \
>                    max_encrypted_packets 20 \
>                    max_server_version_len 100 \
>                    enable_respoverflow enable_ssh1crc32 \
>                    enable_srvoverflow enable_protomismatch
> preprocessor dcerpc2: memcap 102400, events [co ]
> preprocessor dcerpc2_server: default, policy WinXP, \
>      detect [smb [139,445], tcp 135, udp 135, rpc-over-http-server
> 593],
> \
>      autodetect [tcp 1025:, udp 1025:, rpc-over-http-server 1025:], \
>      smb_max_chain 3, smb_invalid_shares ["C$", "D$", "ADMIN$"]
> preprocessor dns: ports { 53 } enable_rdata_overflow
> preprocessor ssl: ports { 443 465 563 636 989 992 993 994 995 7801
> 7802
> 7900 7901 7902 7903 7904 7905 7906 7907 7908 7909 7910 7911 7912 7913
> 7914 7915 7916 7917 7918 7919 7920 }, trustservers,
> noinspect_encrypted
> preprocessor sensitive_data: alert_threshold 25
> preprocessor sip: max_sessions 40000, \
>     ports { 5060 5061 5600 }, \
>     methods { invite \
>               cancel \
>               ack \
>               bye \
>               register \
>               options \
>               refer \
>               subscribe \
>               update \
>               join \
>               info \
>               message \
>               notify \
>               benotify \
>               do \
>               qauth \
>               sprack \
>               publish \
>               service \
>               unsubscribe \
>               prack }, \
>     max_uri_len 512, \
>     max_call_id_len 80, \
>     max_requestName_len 20, \
>     max_from_len 256, \
>     max_to_len 256, \
>     max_via_len 1024, \
>     max_contact_len 512, \
>     max_content_len 2048
> preprocessor imap: \
>     ports { 143 } \
>     b64_decode_depth 0 \
>     qp_decode_depth 0 \
>     bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
>     uu_decode_depth 0
> preprocessor pop: \
>     ports { 110 } \
>     b64_decode_depth 0 \
>     qp_decode_depth 0 \
>     bitenc_decode_depth 0 \
>     uu_decode_depth 0
> preprocessor modbus: ports { 502 }
> preprocessor dnp3: ports { 20000 } \
>     memcap 262144 \
>     check_crc
> output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
> include classification.config
> include reference.config
> include $RULE_PATH/local.rules
> include threshold.conf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Lawrence Teo-6
In reply to this post by Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 03:05:36PM +0400, Wesley M.A. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use OpenBSD 5.3-beta
> kern.version=OpenBSD 5.3-beta (GENERIC) #33: Fri Feb 15 17:03:34 MST
> 2013
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1) If i run this :  $(whereis snort) -v # give me :
> Running in packet dump mode
>
>         --== Initializing Snort ==--
> Initializing Output Plugins!
> ERROR: Can't find pcap DAQ!
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>
> what is missing ? i already tried add p5-Net-Pcap, py-libpcap, same
> error...

Please read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/snort-2.9.4.0 for
OpenBSD-specific Snort documentation.  Specifically, the recommended way
to start Snort is to use the /etc/rc.d/snort script.  The rc.d(8) man
page has information about rc.d scripts.

Hope this helps,
Lawrence

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
> Please read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/snort-2.9.4.0 for
> OpenBSD-specific Snort documentation.  Specifically, the recommended
> way
> to start Snort is to use the /etc/rc.d/snort script.  The rc.d(8) man
> page has information about rc.d scripts.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Lawrence

You are very funny, i already read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/*

And the same for :
Configure /etc/snort/snort.conf (HOME_NET, EXTERNAL_NET, var...RULES)
local.rules file
And put pkg_scripts="snort" in /etc/rc.conf.local and start it manually
with /etc/rc.d/snort start

Therefore thank you for your trie.

Cheers,

Wesley

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Lawrence Teo-6
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 08:19:04PM +0400, Wesley M.A. wrote:

> >Please read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/snort-2.9.4.0 for
> >OpenBSD-specific Snort documentation.  Specifically, the
> >recommended way
> >to start Snort is to use the /etc/rc.d/snort script.  The rc.d(8) man
> >page has information about rc.d scripts.
> >
> >Hope this helps,
> >Lawrence
>
> You are very funny, i already read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/*

I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss those docs.

> And the same for :
> Configure /etc/snort/snort.conf (HOME_NET, EXTERNAL_NET,
> var...RULES) local.rules file
> And put pkg_scripts="snort" in /etc/rc.conf.local and start it
> manually with /etc/rc.d/snort start
>
> Therefore thank you for your trie.

/etc/snort/snort.conf contains this line:

config daq_dir: /usr/local/lib/daq/

So when you start Snort with the rc.d script, the rc.d script runs snort
with -c /etc/snort/snort.conf, so it knows where to find the DAQ
modules.

If you want to use snort -v without using the config file:

snort --daq-dir=/usr/local/lib/daq/ -v

Lawrence

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snort, DAQ, and established flow

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
Le 2013-02-22 20:34, Lawrence Teo a écrit :

> So when you start Snort with the rc.d script, the rc.d script runs
> snort
> with -c /etc/snort/snort.conf, so it knows where to find the DAQ
> modules.
>
> If you want to use snort -v without using the config file:
>
> snort --daq-dir=/usr/local/lib/daq/ -v
>
> Lawrence

Thank you very much.

Wesley