Skull & Bones cursor in KDE

dfeustel
Is sudden appearance of a skull & bones cursor on the
kde desktop associated with any exploits against kde?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel
--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"

Re: Skull & Bones cursor in KDE

STeve Andre'
On Sunday 01 January 2006 17:12, Dave Feustel wrote:
> Is sudden appearance of a skull & bones cursor on the
> kde desktop associated with any exploits against kde?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Feustel

I doubt it.  A s/k cursor is likely indicating that something is
broken, wrong or otherwise not right.  Why would an exploit
do something to alarm the user?

But this isn't the right place to ask this kind of question.  You
should first google around and see if you can find comments
on this, like "skull bones kde exploit"  If something is out there
its going to appear on the web pretty quickly (I couldn't find
anything, looking for a couple of minutes).

Really, the first place you should be looking are the KDE mail
archives (mail.kde.org), and then asking there.

--STeve Andre'

Re: Skull & Bones cursor in KDE

chefren
On 01/01/06 23:12, Dave Feustel wrote:
> Is sudden appearance of a skull & bones cursor on the
> kde desktop associated with any exploits against kde?

Hello Dave,

My modest wish concerning misc@ and 2006 is that you will use Google for at
least an hour on all words in any question or reply to this list before you send
something to it.

+++chefren

Re: Skull & Bones cursor in KDE

Simon Morgan
On 01/01/06, Dave Feustel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is sudden appearance of a skull & bones cursor on the
> kde desktop associated with any exploits against kde?

You probably ran xkill by mistake. Not everything is a fucking KDE/X
security hole. Ever considered that your need to constantly flood this
list with stupid questions would indicate that you're not really
qualified to come to such conclusions? Just a thought.

Qv6

Re: Skull & Bones cursor in KDE

Qv6
On Sunday 01 January 2006 04:12 pm, Dave Feustel wrote:
> Is sudden appearance of a skull & bones cursor on the
> kde desktop associated with any exploits against kde?

Don't know, but if you hit ctrl, alt, and esc keys at the same time, you
get that cursor. It will kill any window you click, so be careful.