Shell account service providers

ibsens
Are there services that sell managed OpenBSD shell accounts?
I mean a service similar to sdf.org.

Re: Shell account service providers

Wesley

Ibsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> Are there services that sell managed OpenBSD shell accounts?
> I mean a service similar to sdf.org.

Try google with keywords "online unix terminal for shell scripting", you
will find a lot results.

regards.

Re: Shell account service providers

Aaron Mason
On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Ibsen S Ripsbusker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there services that sell managed OpenBSD shell accounts?
> I mean a service similar to sdf.org.

What are you looking for in such a service?

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse

Aaron Mason writes:
> What are you looking for in such a service?

Minimally, SSH login, 100GB disk space, and build tools

It's easy enough to find something like this, but it is usually bundled
with other stuff and priced accordingly.

I'll mostly use it for nmh and mairix.

Re: Shell account service providers

Theo de Raadt-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> Aaron Mason writes:
> > What are you looking for in such a service?
>
> Minimally, SSH login, 100GB disk space, and build tools
>
> It's easy enough to find something like this, but it is usually bundled
> with other stuff and priced accordingly.
>
> I'll mostly use it for nmh and mairix.

Wow that's small, I usually keep my eye out for roughly 10G+/sec of
torrent bandwidth --  your standards seem reasonable and people will
probably fall over themselves and trust you.

You are on the wrong list.

Re: Shell account service providers

Ottavio Caruso
On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 02:56, Wesley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ibsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> > Are there services that sell managed OpenBSD shell accounts?
> > I mean a service similar to sdf.org.
>
> Try google with keywords "online unix terminal for shell scripting", you
> will find a lot results.

I struggle to see how this is relevant to the OP's question.

Ottavio Caruso

Re: Shell account service providers

jrmu
If you connect to IRC on irc.ircnow.org and join #ircnow, we offer free openbsd
shell accounts. Our web page is at https://ircnow.org.

jrmu
IRCNow

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 01:51:44AM +0000, Ibsen S Ripsbusker wrote:
> Are there services that sell managed OpenBSD shell accounts?
> I mean a service similar to sdf.org.

Re: Shell account service providers

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX)
[hidden email] writes:
> Aaron Mason writes:
> > What are you looking for in such a service?
>
> Minimally, SSH login, 100GB disk space, and build tools

arpnetworks.com

Re: Shell account service providers

Chris Cappuccio
[hidden email] [[hidden email]] wrote:
> Aaron Mason writes:
> > What are you looking for in such a service?
>
> Minimally, SSH login, 100GB disk space, and build tools
>
> It's easy enough to find something like this, but it is usually bundled
> with other stuff and priced accordingly.
>
> I'll mostly use it for nmh and mairix.

Why not just buy a cheap vhost?

Re: Shell account service providers

Adrian Grigore
https://tilde.institute/

dum., 19 iul. 2020, 08:47 Chris Cappuccio <[hidden email]> a scris:

Adrian Grigore [[hidden email]] wrote:
> https://tilde.institute/

That's a cool project. Shell environments are the original social network.

Re: Shell account service providers

Andinus

Adrian Grigore @ 2020-07-19 13:33 IST:

> https://tilde.institute/

There's also tilde.black, both are part of [tildeverse]. But it doesn't
meet the poster's requirements.

>> > Minimally, SSH login, 100GB disk space, and build tools

I think the admins would be okay with installing build tools if it's in
ports but I doubt you'll get 100GB disk space, no tilde server will
allow that.

[tildeverse] https://tildeverse.org