Security Mailing List

Kenny Mann
I thought the security-announce mailing list would have sent an email
out about the 3.8 errata, but I was wrong. I found out on undeadly.org.
Is their such an OpenBSD mailing list that would send an email out when
posts are added onto the errata?
If so, it might be nice to place a link somewhere on the errata page
showing where someone can sign up (or perhaps the FAQ?).

Or am I just that blind and didn't/can't see it?

Thanks!
Kenny Mann

Re: Security Mailing List

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:05:19 -0600
Kenny Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thought the security-announce mailing list would have sent an email
> out about the 3.8 errata, but I was wrong. I found out on undeadly.org.
> Is their such an OpenBSD mailing list that would send an email out when
> posts are added onto the errata?
> If so, it might be nice to place a link somewhere on the errata page
> showing where someone can sign up (or perhaps the FAQ?).
>
> Or am I just that blind and didn't/can't see it?
>
> Thanks!
> Kenny Mann

Well, there's a "security-announce@" list. This is what mail.html says
about it:

security-announce
    Security announcements. This low volume list receives OpenBSD security
    advisories and pointers to security patches as they become available.

In fact it's so low volume, that I haven't received a single message on it
since May last year (at least before the Zlib-patches).

Cheers,
Jasper

--
"Security is decided by quality" -- Theo de Raadt

Re: Security Mailing List

marrandy (Bugzilla)
On Monday 09 January 2006 11:02, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:05:19 -0600
>
> Kenny Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I thought the security-announce mailing list would have sent an email
> > out about the 3.8 errata, but I was wrong. I found out on undeadly.org.
> > Is their such an OpenBSD mailing list that would send an email out when
> > posts are added onto the errata?
> > If so, it might be nice to place a link somewhere on the errata page
> > showing where someone can sign up (or perhaps the FAQ?).
> >
> > Or am I just that blind and didn't/can't see it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Kenny Mann

I'm on the list as well and haven't received anything.

"Todd C. Miller" 2005-07-22 20:11 was the last email.

Almost 6-months (5 1/2) without a security patch.  Assuming they are
continuing to test and look for bugs with the same fervor as they always
have, this is quite an achievement.  Previous releases from 2.7 to 3.6
averaged 19.5 security patches.

I would like to thank all the people who contribute to OpenBSD for their
continual great work and dedication to the project.  It is very much
appreciated.

Regards and best wishes...Martin