SMP for Sparc 64

Nicolo Nepote
Hi everybody,

I'm a sysadmin at the Politecnico di Torino (University in Italy) and I was going to put OpenBSD on
my Sun Fire v210 with two Ultra SPARC III, when I discovered that it doesen't support SMP.

I know that OpenBSD will work on that machine even if only one CPU will be used, but before
installing it I would like to know your roadmap for the SMP support on Sparc64.
I won't use OpenBSD on the server unless the support for the second CPU is likely to be introduced
with the november release.
Are you planning to add SMP for Sparc64 within some months or it is a matter of years?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

NN
Dott. Nicolr Nepote

UNIX System Administrator & proud Linux user
[hidden email]
Tel: 011-0907051
Homepage: www.labinf.polito.it/nepote
Office: LABinf - DAUIN - Politecnico di Torino