SATA card = total freeze

Joseph A Borg-2
sorry to ask again:
some weeks ago I installed a Promise 300sata TX4 pci card onto an
Asrock motherboard running OpenBSD 4.3
tried to copy a 31Gb file to stress test. The machine hung up after a
while and could only be switched off and re-started.

can anybody confirm that this pci card works properly with OpenBSD?
There are some year-old posts on kerneltrap regarding some strange
behaviour with this card on freebsd.

regards

Re: SATA card = total freeze

Joseph A Borg-2
thanks for the reply. i guess i'll go for a pci card with a silicon
image chip then