SATA & USB 3.0 PCI support

repays95130
I've installed OpenBSD 5.5/amd64 on an HP workstation. I'd like to add additional SATA drives and add USB 3.0 (for backup to umass) to the HP but I'm having difficulty finding the OpenBSD supported hardware/chipset page (I thought there was a page for this). I found a "SYBA Combo USB 3.0 + SATA III 6Gbps, v2.0 PCI Express, x4 Slot Controller Card" (on newegg) that has the "Etron EJ168a & ASMedia ASM1061" chips. Would this work with OpenBSD 5.5? If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a singe or multiple PCI boards?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: SATA & USB 3.0 PCI support

Maurice McCarthy
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 06:31:13PM -0500 or thereabouts, [hidden email] wrote:
> I've installed OpenBSD 5.5/amd64 on an HP workstation. I'd like to add additional SATA drives and add USB 3.0 (for backup to umass) to the HP but I'm having difficulty finding the OpenBSD supported hardware/chipset page (I thought there was a page for this). I found a "SYBA Combo USB 3.0 + SATA III 6Gbps, v2.0 PCI Express, x4 Slot Controller Card" (on newegg) that has the "Etron EJ168a & ASMedia ASM1061" chips. Would this work with OpenBSD 5.5? If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a singe or multiple PCI boards?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

There is no usb 3.0 driver in 5.5 It is still under development.

Regards
Moss

Re: SATA & USB 3.0 PCI support

Mikkel C. Simonsen
[hidden email] wrote:
> I've installed OpenBSD 5.5/amd64 on an HP workstation. I'd like to
> add additional SATA drives and add USB 3.0 (for backup to umass)

Why not get a card with an eSATA port for backup?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen