Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

niav
Hi,
I've upgraded my mail server to OpenBSD -current and since then I have
encountered a problem in connection with rspamd.
Everytime I receive a mail the message gets rejected with the following
lines in my /var/log/maillog:
postfix/cleanup[67921]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock:
can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

postfix/cleanup[67921]: 47mfQC0vLVzZ0f: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE
from mail.openbsd.org[199.185.178.25]: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try
again later; from=<owner-bugs+M32060=list=<my-domain>@openbsd.org>
to=<<MAILADDRESS>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.openbsd.org>

What further information do you need ? I'm more and more in trouble the
longer this problem persists. Therefore I'd kiss you for a quick reply!

Best regards,
Niav

Re: Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/12/30 15:20, niav wrote:

> Hi,
> I've upgraded my mail server to OpenBSD -current and since then I have
> encountered a problem in connection with rspamd.
> Everytime I receive a mail the message gets rejected with the following
> lines in my /var/log/maillog:
> postfix/cleanup[67921]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock:
> can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0
>
> postfix/cleanup[67921]: 47mfQC0vLVzZ0f: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE
> from mail.openbsd.org[199.185.178.25]: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try
> again later; from=<owner-bugs+M32060=list=<my-domain>@openbsd.org>
> to=<<MAILADDRESS>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.openbsd.org>
>
> What further information do you need ? I'm more and more in trouble the
> longer this problem persists. Therefore I'd kiss you for a quick reply!
>
> Best regards,
> Niav

Generally it is useful to mention the version you're running now, the
previous working version, machine architecture etc, anything unusual in
the log for the program having the problem (i.e. rspamd here).

In this case there's a fair chance that it might be the problem I fixed
in the port yesterday so try building from an up-to-date ports tree before
spending more time looking into it.

Re: Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

niav
Am Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:57:20 +0000
schrieb Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>:

> On 2019/12/30 15:20, niav wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've upgraded my mail server to OpenBSD -current and since then I
> > have encountered a problem in connection with rspamd.
> > Everytime I receive a mail the message gets rejected with the
> > following lines in my /var/log/maillog:
> > postfix/cleanup[67921]: warning: milter
> > unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply
> > packet header: Undefined error: 0
> >
> > postfix/cleanup[67921]: 47mfQC0vLVzZ0f: milter-reject:
> > END-OF-MESSAGE from mail.openbsd.org[199.185.178.25]: 4.7.1 Service
> > unavailable - try again later;
> > from=<owner-bugs+M32060=list=<my-domain>@openbsd.org>
> > to=<<MAILADDRESS>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.openbsd.org>
> >
> > What further information do you need ? I'm more and more in trouble
> > the longer this problem persists. Therefore I'd kiss you for a
> > quick reply!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Niav
> >

> Generally it is useful to mention the version you're running now, the
> previous working version, machine architecture etc, anything unusual
> in the log for the program having the problem (i.e. rspamd here).
>
> In this case there's a fair chance that it might be the problem I
> fixed in the port yesterday so try building from an up-to-date ports
> tree before spending more time looking into it.

Hi,
thank you for your quick reply.
The version of rspamd: 2.2
The OS Version: OpenBSD <hostname> 6.6 GENERIC#553 amd64
Branch: -current
Unusal appearance in the log file: The sample i posted above. I
couldn't find so much more.
Machine architecture: amd64.

The previous working version: The one currently available in -release.
Don't pin me on it but that should have been 1.9.4 something.

I'll refresh my ports tree and build rspamd and try to install it. And
see what happens.
I'll report.

Re: Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

niav
Am Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:57:20 +0000
schrieb Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>:

> On 2019/12/30 15:20, niav wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've upgraded my mail server to OpenBSD -current and since then I
> > have encountered a problem in connection with rspamd.
> > Everytime I receive a mail the message gets rejected with the
> > following lines in my /var/log/maillog:
> > postfix/cleanup[67921]: warning: milter
> > unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply
> > packet header: Undefined error: 0
> >
> > postfix/cleanup[67921]: 47mfQC0vLVzZ0f: milter-reject:
> > END-OF-MESSAGE from mail.openbsd.org[199.185.178.25]: 4.7.1 Service
> > unavailable - try again later;
> > from=<owner-bugs+M32060=list=<my-domain>@openbsd.org>
> > to=<<MAILADDRESS>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.openbsd.org>
> >
> > What further information do you need ? I'm more and more in trouble
> > the longer this problem persists. Therefore I'd kiss you for a
> > quick reply!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Niav
> >

> Generally it is useful to mention the version you're running now, the
> previous working version, machine architecture etc, anything unusual
> in the log for the program having the problem (i.e. rspamd here).
>
> In this case there's a fair chance that it might be the problem I
> fixed in the port yesterday so try building from an up-to-date ports
> tree before spending more time looking into it.

Hi,
tried to compile the rspamd from ports. But the build fails with:
/bin/sh: cannot create
/usr/ports/pobj/ruby-2.6.5/fake-amd64/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.6/x86_64-openbsd/rbconfig.rb:
No such file or directory

I issued the command: make package to build it.

If I cannot get this one to compile right know I'd get it with the next
snapshot anyway, correct ?

Niav

On 2019/12/30 17:42, niav wrote:

> Am Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:57:20 +0000
> schrieb Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>:
>
> > On 2019/12/30 15:20, niav wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I've upgraded my mail server to OpenBSD -current and since then I
> > > have encountered a problem in connection with rspamd.
> > > Everytime I receive a mail the message gets rejected with the
> > > following lines in my /var/log/maillog:
> > > postfix/cleanup[67921]: warning: milter
> > > unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply
> > > packet header: Undefined error: 0
> > >
> > > postfix/cleanup[67921]: 47mfQC0vLVzZ0f: milter-reject:
> > > END-OF-MESSAGE from mail.openbsd.org[199.185.178.25]: 4.7.1 Service
> > > unavailable - try again later;
> > > from=<owner-bugs+M32060=list=<my-domain>@openbsd.org>
> > > to=<<MAILADDRESS>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.openbsd.org>
> > >
> > > What further information do you need ? I'm more and more in trouble
> > > the longer this problem persists. Therefore I'd kiss you for a
> > > quick reply!
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Niav
> > >

> > Generally it is useful to mention the version you're running now, the
> > previous working version, machine architecture etc, anything unusual
> > in the log for the program having the problem (i.e. rspamd here).
> >
> > In this case there's a fair chance that it might be the problem I
> > fixed in the port yesterday so try building from an up-to-date ports
> > tree before spending more time looking into it.
> >

> Hi,
> tried to compile the rspamd from ports. But the build fails with:
> /bin/sh: cannot create
> /usr/ports/pobj/ruby-2.6.5/fake-amd64/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.6/x86_64-openbsd/rbconfig.rb:
> No such file or directory

I don't have time to debug the build of dependencies right now, but you
can skip building most of them if you "pkg_add ragel"

yep.

Re: Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

niav
Hi,
I've installed the latest snapshot. (Not sure  if that is already the one you  patched)
I am still facing the exact same issues as before.
I'll try again tomorrow -> the next snapshot.
What further information do you need @stuart ?

Best regards,
Niav

On 2019/12/30 21:07, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed the latest snapshot. (Not sure  if that is already the one you  patched)
> I am still facing the exact same issues as before.
> I'll try again tomorrow -> the next snapshot.
> What further information do you need @stuart ?

The likely fix is in the ports tree and was committed yesterday, it
takes a little while to build and copy out a set of packages from ports
(47GB across ~11000 packages for amd64) so maybe tomorrow or the day
after? The package name for the version with the fix is rspamd-2.2p1
so if that isn't present in the packages directory, it's not there yet.

Re: Rspamd: postfix/cleanup[6151]: warning: milter unix:public/rspamd_proxy.sock: can't read SMFIC_BODYEOB reply packet header: Undefined error: 0

niav
Hi Stuart and *,
your patch (rspamd v. 2.2p) fixes my problem.
I am so unmeasurably grateful for your work. Thank you so much.

// Niav