Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Kevin Kwan
Okay guys - I am at a bit of a wits end here.

My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.  Everything
seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I put it
on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front goes
from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it goes
into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo, OpenBSD goes
back into initial boot and the filesystem yells at me for leaving it
dirty.  I updated it to a 5.7 snapshot a few days ago, and it's exhibiting
the same behavior.  I did not run into a similar issue on the Linux side
(It ran Debian Jessie with a 3.14 kernel just fine), and it was doing just
dandy with Windows 7 as well, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.  I
already sent in the usual using sendbugs, but just in case sendbugs does
not work, I have the dmesg/pcidump/usbdevs and an ACPI table dump set here,
which I can also use to file a report later/

Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory Google
searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel 3.3
days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset parameter,
which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its own
mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?
OpenBSD 5.7 (GENERIC.MP) #880: Sun Mar  8 09:37:47 MDT 2015
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 6323306496 (6030MB)
avail mem = 6151061504 (5866MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.6 @ 0xe7cf0 (35 entries)
bios0: vendor INSYDE version "v1.3314" date 08/31/2010
bios0: Acer Aspire 1410
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP DMAR HPET APIC MCFG ASF! SLIC BOOT SSDT
acpi0: wakeup devices UHC0(S3) UHC1(S3) UHC2(S3) UHCR(S3) EHC1(S3) UHC3(S3) UHC4(S3) UHC5(S3) EHC2(S3) PXSX(S4) EXP1(S4) PXSX(S4) EXP2(S4) PXSX(S4) EXP3(S4) PXSX(S4) [...]
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U2300 @ 1.20GHz, 1197.19 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,XSAVE,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF
cpu0: 1MB 64b/line 4-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 199MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.2.2.2, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U2300 @ 1.20GHz, 1197.00 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,XSAVE,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF
cpu1: 1MB 64b/line 4-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 4
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (EXP1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP2)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP3)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP4)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP5)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP6)
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C2, C1, PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C2, C1, PSS
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
acpibtn1 at acpi0: LID0
acpibtn2 at acpi0: SLPB
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT1 not present
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
acpivideo0 at acpi0: OVGA
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: DD03
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel GM45 Host" rev 0x07
vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07
intagp0 at vga1
agp0 at intagp0: aperture at 0xc0000000, size 0x10000000
inteldrm0 at vga1
drm0 at inteldrm0
error: [drm:pid0:intel_enable_lvds] *ERROR* timed out waiting for panel to power on
inteldrm0: 1366x768
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
"Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured
uhci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 16
ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 7 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 19
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801I HD Audio" rev 0x03: msi
azalia0: codecs: Realtek ALC269, Intel/0x2802, using Realtek ALC269
audio0 at azalia0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
alc0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Attansic Technology L1C" rev 0xc0: msi, address 00:1c:29:f0:0b:ef
atphy0 at alc0 phy 0: F1 10/100/1000 PHY, rev. 11
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
iwn0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205" rev 0x00: msi, MIMO 2T2R, MoW, address 00:1c:29:de:ad:c0
uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 23
uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 19
uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 16
ehci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 23
usb1 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb2 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x93
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801IEM LPC" rev 0x03
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801I AHCI" rev 0x03: msi, AHCI 1.2
ahci0: PHY offline on port 1
ahci0: PHY offline on port 4
ahci0: PHY offline on port 5
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, WDC WD3200BEVT-2, 11.0> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.50014ee2addb992a
sd0: 305245MB, 512 bytes/sector, 625142448 sectors
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801I SMBus" rev 0x03: apic 4 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-5300CL5 SO-DIMM
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x52: 4GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-6400CL6 SO-DIMM
usb2 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb5 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub5 at usb5 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pms0: Synaptics touchpad, firmware 7.2
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
uvideo0 at uhub1 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd. CNF9011" rev 2.00/13.57 addr 2
video0 at uvideo0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (b565c260a664208e.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b

hw.sensors.cpu0.temp0=53.00 degC
hw.sensors.acpibtn1.indicator0=On (lid open)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.volt0=10.80 VDC (voltage)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.volt1=12.29 VDC (current voltage)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.power0=0.00 W (rate)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.watthour0=2.70 Wh (last full capacity)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.watthour1=0.30 Wh (warning capacity)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.watthour2=0.00 Wh (low capacity)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.watthour3=2.70 Wh (remaining capacity), OK
hw.sensors.acpibat0.watthour4=4.40 Wh (design capacity)
hw.sensors.acpibat0.raw0=0 (battery full), OK
hw.sensors.acpiac0.indicator0=On (power supply)

Domain /dev/pci0:
 0:0:0: Intel GM45 Host
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2a40
        0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 2090
        0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 07
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x00e0: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
 0:2:0: Intel GM45 Video
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2a42
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0090
        0x0008: Class: 03 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 07
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d0000000/0x00400000
        0x0018: BAR mem prefetchable 64bit addr: 0x00000000c0000000/0x10000000
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x000030d0/0x0008
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0090: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x00d0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
 0:2:1: Intel GM45 Video
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2a43
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0090
        0x0008: Class: 03 Subclass: 80 Interface: 00 Revision: 07
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d2400000/0x00100000
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x00d0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
 0:26:0: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2937
        0x0004: Command: 0005 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x000030a0/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:26:7: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 293c
        0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 20 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0xd4504c00/0x00000400
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 04 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x0058: Capability 0x0a: Debug Port
        0x0098: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:27:0: Intel 82801I HD Audio
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 293e
        0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 04 Subclass: 03 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 10
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d4500000/0x00004000
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x0060: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x0070: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
 0:28:0: Intel 82801I PCIE
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2940
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 10
        0x0010: 00000000
        0x0014: 00000000
        0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 1 Subordinate Bus: 1
                Secondary Latency Timer: 00
        0x001c: I/O Base: 20 I/O Limit: 20 Secondary Status: 2000
        0x0020: Memory Base: d350 Memory Limit: d440
        0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: d041 Prefetch Memory Limit: d131
        0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
        0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
        0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
        0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0000
        0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
        0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
        0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
 0:28:3: Intel 82801I PCIE
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2946
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 10
        0x0010: 00000000
        0x0014: 00000000
        0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 2 Subordinate Bus: 2
                Secondary Latency Timer: 00
        0x001c: I/O Base: 10 I/O Limit: 10 Secondary Status: 2000
        0x0020: Memory Base: d250 Memory Limit: d340
        0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: d141 Prefetch Memory Limit: d231
        0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
        0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
        0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
        0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 04 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0000
        0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
        0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
        0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
 0:29:0: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2934
        0x0004: Command: 0005 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x00003080/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:29:1: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2935
        0x0004: Command: 0005 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x00003060/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 02 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:29:2: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2936
        0x0004: Command: 0005 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x00003040/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 04 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:29:7: Intel 82801I USB
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 293a
        0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 0290
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 20 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0xd4504800/0x00000400
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0050: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x0058: Capability 0x0a: Debug Port
        0x0098: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:30:0: Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2448
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 01 Revision: 93
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: 00000000
        0x0014: 00000000
        0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 3 Subordinate Bus: 3
                Secondary Latency Timer: 20
        0x001c: I/O Base: f0 I/O Limit: 00 Secondary Status: 2280
        0x0020: Memory Base: fff0 Memory Limit: 0000
        0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
        0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: ffffffff
        0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
        0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
        0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0000
        0x0050: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
 0:31:0: Intel 82801IEM LPC
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2917
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0210
        0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 01 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x00e0: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
 0:31:2: Intel 82801I AHCI
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2929
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 02b0
        0x0008: Class: 01 Subclass: 06 Interface: 01 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR io addr: 0x000030c8/0x0008
        0x0014: BAR io addr: 0x000030dc/0x0004
        0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x000030c0/0x0008
        0x001c: BAR io addr: 0x000030d8/0x0004
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x00003020/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0xd4504000/0x00000800
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 02 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x0070: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x00a8: Capability 0x12: SATA
        0x00b0: Capability 0x13: PCI Advanced Features
 0:31:3: Intel 82801I SMBus
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2930
        0x0004: Command: 0003 Status: 0280
        0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 05 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 00
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d4505000/0x00000100
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x00003000/0x0020
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 03 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
 1:0:0: Attansic Technology L1C
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 1969 Product ID: 1063
        0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: c0
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 10
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d3500000/0x00040000
        0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x00002000/0x0080
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025 Product ID: 029b
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x0048: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x0058: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
        0x006c: Capability 0x03: Vital Product Data (VPD)
 2:0:0: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205
        0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 0082
        0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 0010
        0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 80 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
        0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line Size: 10
        0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x00000000d2500000/0x00002000
        0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
        0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
        0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 1321
        0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
        0x0038: 00000000
        0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
        0x00c8: Capability 0x01: Power Management
        0x00d0: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
        0x00e0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered
 port 4 powered
 port 5 addr 2: high speed, power 98 mA, config 1, CNF9011(0xb175), Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.(0x04f2), rev 13.57, iSerialNumber SN0001
 port 6 powered
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb3:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb4:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb5:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-gzip which had a name of acpitables.tgz]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Theo de Raadt
> My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
> Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
> non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.  Everything
> seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I put it
> on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front goes
> from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it goes
> into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo,

You mean the machine resets.

> Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory Google
> searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel 3.3
> days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset parameter,
> which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its own
> mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?

Highly unlikely.

Thanks for including all the information in the report.  Result is a
few people can glance over it and look for hints (as I am about to
do).  Unfortunately the few rare suspend/resume issues we see are
pretty hard to diagnose without access to failing machines.

One thing is missing from your report.  Does hibernate work?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Kevin Kwan
Nope, hibernate/suspend to disk also causes a reset.  Is there anything
else I should try?
On Mar 14, 2015 1:22 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
> > Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
> > non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.
> Everything
> > seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I put it
> > on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front goes
> > from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it goes
> > into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo,
>
> You mean the machine resets.
>
> > Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory Google
> > searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel 3.3
> > days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset
> parameter,
> > which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its own
> > mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?
>
> Highly unlikely.
>
> Thanks for including all the information in the report.  Result is a
> few people can glance over it and look for hints (as I am about to
> do).  Unfortunately the few rare suspend/resume issues we see are
> pretty hard to diagnose without access to failing machines.
>
> One thing is missing from your report.  Does hibernate work?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Mike Larkin
On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 02:02:09PM -0400, Kevin Kwan wrote:
> Nope, hibernate/suspend to disk also causes a reset.  Is there anything
> else I should try?

Hibernate resume will perform what looks like a full boot. Did you let it
go through that or did you power off when you saw it booting again?

Or did it load the hibernated image and *then* reboot?

-ml

> On Mar 14, 2015 1:22 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
> > > Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
> > > non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.
> > Everything
> > > seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I put it
> > > on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front goes
> > > from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it goes
> > > into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo,
> >
> > You mean the machine resets.
> >
> > > Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory Google
> > > searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel 3.3
> > > days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset
> > parameter,
> > > which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its own
> > > mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?
> >
> > Highly unlikely.
> >
> > Thanks for including all the information in the report.  Result is a
> > few people can glance over it and look for hints (as I am about to
> > do).  Unfortunately the few rare suspend/resume issues we see are
> > pretty hard to diagnose without access to failing machines.
> >
> > One thing is missing from your report.  Does hibernate work?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Kevin Kwan
Well, here's the thing - I am not even sure if it tried to load the
hibernated image, or it failed in the middle, or it crashed after the
load.
When I powered it up after an s2d it went through the Acer logo, the boot
prompt, the usual device laundry list shows up, the Intel graphics driver
redrew the console, the USB configurations show up, one more line of text
shows up for about 2 seconds, and then it was back to the Acer logo once
again.

I had to do the same thing multiple times just to catch the line at the
very end:
unhibernating @ block 12872447 length 31971840 bytes

I made an annotated video of the entire experience here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTWnES_134



On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Mike Larkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 02:02:09PM -0400, Kevin Kwan wrote:
> > Nope, hibernate/suspend to disk also causes a reset.  Is there anything
> > else I should try?
>
> Hibernate resume will perform what looks like a full boot. Did you let it
> go through that or did you power off when you saw it booting again?
>
> Or did it load the hibernated image and *then* reboot?
>
> -ml
>
> > On Mar 14, 2015 1:22 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > > My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
> > > > Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
> > > > non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.
> > > Everything
> > > > seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I
> put it
> > > > on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front
> goes
> > > > from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it
> goes
> > > > into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo,
> > >
> > > You mean the machine resets.
> > >
> > > > Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory
> Google
> > > > searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel
> 3.3
> > > > days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset
> > > parameter,
> > > > which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its
> own
> > > > mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?
> > >
> > > Highly unlikely.
> > >
> > > Thanks for including all the information in the report.  Result is a
> > > few people can glance over it and look for hints (as I am about to
> > > do).  Unfortunately the few rare suspend/resume issues we see are
> > > pretty hard to diagnose without access to failing machines.
> > >
> > > One thing is missing from your report.  Does hibernate work?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resume-from-suspend issue with Acer Notebook in OpenBSD 5.6/5.7 beta

Mike Larkin
On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 01:58:10AM -0400, Kevin Kwan wrote:

> Well, here's the thing - I am not even sure if it tried to load the
> hibernated image, or it failed in the middle, or it crashed after the
> load.
> When I powered it up after an s2d it went through the Acer logo, the boot
> prompt, the usual device laundry list shows up, the Intel graphics driver
> redrew the console, the USB configurations show up, one more line of text
> shows up for about 2 seconds, and then it was back to the Acer logo once
> again.
>
> I had to do the same thing multiple times just to catch the line at the
> very end:
> unhibernating @ block 12872447 length 31971840 bytes
>
> I made an annotated video of the entire experience here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTWnES_134
>

ok you're failing in the early resume sequence, since that's shared between
both ZZZ and zzz resume paths.

I'll try to see if I have a similar machine to try to reproduce.

>
>
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Mike Larkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 02:02:09PM -0400, Kevin Kwan wrote:
> > > Nope, hibernate/suspend to disk also causes a reset.  Is there anything
> > > else I should try?
> >
> > Hibernate resume will perform what looks like a full boot. Did you let it
> > go through that or did you power off when you saw it booting again?
> >
> > Or did it load the hibernated image and *then* reboot?
> >
> > -ml
> >
> > > On Mar 14, 2015 1:22 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > > > My daily driver notebook is an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook.  Penryn-ULV
> > > > > Celeron, Intel GS45 chipset, Intel Centrino 6205 (iwn) swapping a
> > > > > non-supported Atheros AR2425, 6GB of RAM, normal everyday HDD.
> > > > Everything
> > > > > seems to work in OpenBSD 5.6 except for the fact that every time I
> > put it
> > > > > on suspend (zzz), it suspends properly (LED indicators in the front
> > goes
> > > > > from blue to blinking orange), but when I take it out of suspend it
> > goes
> > > > > into instant amnesia, takes me back to the Acer boot logo,
> > > >
> > > > You mean the machine resets.
> > > >
> > > > > Okay, what should be my next steps here?  I see from precursory
> > Google
> > > > > searches that the Linux guys had this problem back in the old Kernel
> > 3.3
> > > > > days, and their workaround involves passing grub the i8042.reset
> > > > parameter,
> > > > > which seems to tell the on-board keyboard controller to clean up its
> > own
> > > > > mess.  Any similar directives I can use here?
> > > >
> > > > Highly unlikely.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for including all the information in the report.  Result is a
> > > > few people can glance over it and look for hints (as I am about to
> > > > do).  Unfortunately the few rare suspend/resume issues we see are
> > > > pretty hard to diagnose without access to failing machines.
> > > >
> > > > One thing is missing from your report.  Does hibernate work?