Requesting /usr/bin/doas to be moved to /bin

Requesting /usr/bin/doas to be moved to /bin

Amit Kulkarni-5
The title says it all. Is there any interest in moving doas so that it can
be statically compiled in without depending on libc.so?

I am also surprised su and login are in /usr/bin. A few minutes ago,
I mistakenly deleted libc.so. I had several shells open but no root shell
:(. I recovered using bsd.rd

I think su/login are old utils and their paths are written in stone due to
many scripts out there in the wild, but doas is newer so it might be
considered?

Thanks

Re: Requesting /usr/bin/doas to be moved to /bin

Theo de Raadt-2
>The title says it all. Is there any interest in moving doas so that it can
>be statically compiled in without depending on libc.so?

No.  None.

>I am also surprised su and login are in /usr/bin. A few minutes ago,
>I mistakenly deleted libc.so. I had several shells open but no root shell
>:(. I recovered using bsd.rd
>
>I think su/login are old utils and their paths are written in stone due to
>many scripts out there in the wild, but doas is newer so it might be
>considered?

Doctor it hurts when I stab myself in the eye.