Remove x11/golem?

Christian Weisgerber
x11/golem is an old window manager.  This is another port that is
broken by -fno-common.

Our port is at version 0.0.5, which is 19 years old.  When you start
it, there is a spew of errors about undefined symbols and the plugins
can't be loaded.  I don't think anybody uses this.

There is a newer development version 0.0.6 on Sourceforge.  It's
from 2007.  It relies on an included copy of complib, which is
Linux-only.

FreeBSD somehow had a port of 0.0.6, but they deleted it in 2019:
BROKEN= All plugins fail to load with Undefined symbol "display"
DEPRECATED= Broken for more than 6 months
BROKEN_aarch64= fails to link: can't create dynamic relocation R_AARCH64_ADR_PREL_PG_HI21 against symbol: display in readonly segment

Does anybody want to fix this?  No?
Remove it?

Re: Remove x11/golem?

Klemens Nanni-2
On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 12:09:16AM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Remove it?
OK kn

Re: Remove x11/golem?

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 12:09:16AM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> x11/golem is an old window manager.  This is another port that is
> broken by -fno-common.
>
> Our port is at version 0.0.5, which is 19 years old.  When you start
> it, there is a spew of errors about undefined symbols and the plugins
> can't be loaded.  I don't think anybody uses this.
>
> There is a newer development version 0.0.6 on Sourceforge.  It's
> from 2007.  It relies on an included copy of complib, which is
> Linux-only.
>
> FreeBSD somehow had a port of 0.0.6, but they deleted it in 2019:
> BROKEN= All plugins fail to load with Undefined symbol "display"
> DEPRECATED= Broken for more than 6 months
> BROKEN_aarch64= fails to link: can't create dynamic relocation R_AARCH64_ADR_PREL_PG_HI21 against symbol: display in readonly segment
>
> Does anybody want to fix this?  No?
> Remove it?

Yes, let's remove this.
ok aja