Remove print/afm?

Frederic Cambus
Hi ports@,

I noticed nothing uses print/afm anymore, and besides us, only FreeBSD
still has a package for it [1].

The AFM files contained in the packages were generated in 1990.

Programs still using Adobe Type 1 fonts, such as TeX, bundle AFM files
with the fonts.

OK to remove?

[1]: https://repology.org/project/afm/versions

Re: Remove print/afm?

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
On Fri, Dec 06 2019, Frederic Cambus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ports@,
>
> I noticed nothing uses print/afm anymore, and besides us, only FreeBSD
> still has a package for it [1].
>
> The AFM files contained in the packages were generated in 1990.
>
> Programs still using Adobe Type 1 fonts, such as TeX, bundle AFM files
> with the fonts.
>
> OK to remove?

yep

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: Remove print/afm?

Rafael Sadowski
On Fri Dec 06, 2019 at 12:40:01PM +0100, Frederic Cambus wrote:

> Hi ports@,
>
> I noticed nothing uses print/afm anymore, and besides us, only FreeBSD
> still has a package for it [1].
>
> The AFM files contained in the packages were generated in 1990.
>
> Programs still using Adobe Type 1 fonts, such as TeX, bundle AFM files
> with the fonts.
>
> OK to remove?

nuke it. ok rsadowski