Remove net/firewalk?

Frederic Cambus
Hi ports@,

We have firewalk 0.8 in the tree, which hasn't been updated since 1999,
despite the fact new versions have been released since, up to version 5.0
in 2002.

I tried running it, but it doesn't seem to recognize any network interface,
even when specifying them manually with the -i switch.

I would lean towards removing it.

Comments? OK to remove?

Re: Remove net/firewalk?

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 03:34:05PM +0100, Frederic Cambus wrote:
> Hi ports@,

> We have firewalk 0.8 in the tree, which hasn't been updated since 1999,
> despite the fact new versions have been released since, up to version 5.0
> in 2002.

> I tried running it, but it doesn't seem to recognize any network interface,
> even when specifying them manually with the -i switch.

> I would lean towards removing it.

> Comments? OK to remove?

If you lean in close, you can hear its whispering voice begging you to
delete it from the tree.

OK kmos.

--Kurt

Re: Remove net/firewalk?

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2

ok jca@

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: Remove net/firewalk?

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 03:34:05PM +0100, Frederic Cambus wrote:

> Hi ports@,
>
> We have firewalk 0.8 in the tree, which hasn't been updated since 1999,
> despite the fact new versions have been released since, up to version 5.0
> in 2002.
>
> I tried running it, but it doesn't seem to recognize any network interface,
> even when specifying them manually with the -i switch.
>
> I would lean towards removing it.
>
> Comments? OK to remove?

Destroy it please.

--