Remove net/amsn and net/pebrot?

Frederic Cambus
MSN Messenger has been discontinued in 2013.

Out of curiosity, I tried both of them to try to connect and see what
happens, and expectedly, both clients time out. As far as I know, there
is no open source server for the MSN protocol, so there is indeed no
way at all to use those clients anymore.

Re: Remove net/amsn and net/pebrot?

Michael McConville-3
Frederic Cambus wrote:
> MSN Messenger has been discontinued in 2013.
>
> Out of curiosity, I tried both of them to try to connect and see what
> happens, and expectedly, both clients time out. As far as I know,
> there is no open source server for the MSN protocol, so there is
> indeed no way at all to use those clients anymore.

MSN is indeed effectively dead:

http://ismsndeadyet.com/

What remains is effectively Skype, and pre-Skype clients no longer work.

These removals make sense to me.