Remove devel/mk

Klemens Nanni-2
Fails with "-fno-common" and Upstream HOMEPAGE (equals MASTER_SITES) now
points to https://9fans.github.io/plan9port/unix/ which provides
unversioned tarballs with links to checksums that yield 404;  same story
for their manual page links on that page.  The GitHub repository does
not contain releases either.

So devel/mk is now unportable due to upstream, but we have an
up-to-date plan9/plan9port which packages from the very same upstream
repo (using GH_COMMIT and dates as DISTNAME versions, it seems) which
ships
        /usr/local/plan9/bin/mk
        /usr/local/plan9/man/man1/mk.1
        /usr/local/plan9/unix/man/mk.1

OK to remove?
I'd just point at plan9/plan9port in the `obsolete_reason' and not do
any merging as that port contains much more and mk(1) lives somewhere
else entirely anyway.

Re: Remove devel/mk

Jonathan Gray-11
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:50:55PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> Fails with "-fno-common" and Upstream HOMEPAGE (equals MASTER_SITES) now
> points to https://9fans.github.io/plan9port/unix/ which provides
> unversioned tarballs with links to checksums that yield 404;  same story
> for their manual page links on that page.  The GitHub repository does
> not contain releases either.
>
> So devel/mk is now unportable due to upstream, but we have an
> up-to-date plan9/plan9port which packages from the very same upstream
> repo (using GH_COMMIT and dates as DISTNAME versions, it seems) which
> ships
> /usr/local/plan9/bin/mk
> /usr/local/plan9/man/man1/mk.1
> /usr/local/plan9/unix/man/mk.1
>
> OK to remove?
> I'd just point at plan9/plan9port in the `obsolete_reason' and not do
> any merging as that port contains much more and mk(1) lives somewhere
> else entirely anyway.

devel/mk was also the only use of

devel/libfmt
devel/libbio
devel/libregexp9
devel/libutf

Re: Remove devel/mk

Klemens Nanni-2
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:59:12PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> devel/mk was also the only use of
>
> devel/libfmt
> devel/libbio
> devel/libregexp9
> devel/libutf
Correct, those we can tackle now;  I had not yet checked their relation
to plan9/plan9port.

Only libbio and libregexp9 seem to be part of plan9port, i.e.

        $ pkg_info -L plan9port | egrep 'lib/lib(fmt|bio|regexp9|utf)'
        /usr/local/plan9/lib/libbio.a
        /usr/local/plan9/lib/libregexp9.a

Due to the dependencies between those ports we can only only delete all
of them as far as I can tell.

They all build but it is doubtworthy whether anyone uses them.

None of them have seen any updates since import in 2003 and it's the
story with upstream not providing any versions.

OK to remove those?

Re: Remove devel/mk

Jonathan Gray-11
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 04:36:49PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:59:12PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> > devel/mk was also the only use of
> >
> > devel/libfmt
> > devel/libbio
> > devel/libregexp9
> > devel/libutf
> Correct, those we can tackle now;  I had not yet checked their relation
> to plan9/plan9port.
>
> Only libbio and libregexp9 seem to be part of plan9port, i.e.
>
> $ pkg_info -L plan9port | egrep 'lib/lib(fmt|bio|regexp9|utf)'
> /usr/local/plan9/lib/libbio.a
> /usr/local/plan9/lib/libregexp9.a

libfmt and libutf are part of lib9 in plan9port and libc in plan 9.

> Due to the dependencies between those ports we can only only delete all
> of them as far as I can tell.
>
> They all build but it is doubtworthy whether anyone uses them.
>
> None of them have seen any updates since import in 2003 and it's the
> story with upstream not providing any versions.
>
> OK to remove those?

I think so, perhaps markus can confirm?