Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Predrag Punosevac-2
# uname -a
OpenBSD oko.bagdala2.net 6.2 GENERIC.MP#0 amd64

# syspatch
Get/Verify syspatch62-002_fktrace... 100% |*************|   785 KB    00:01
Installing patch 002_fktrace
Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Any hints where should I look for the reason relinking is failing?

Predrag

Re: Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Predrag Punosevac-2
Predrag Punosevac wrote:

> # uname -a
> OpenBSD oko.bagdala2.net 6.2 GENERIC.MP#0 amd64
>
> # syspatch
> Get/Verify syspatch62-002_fktrace... 100% |*************|   785 KB    00:01
> Installing patch 002_fktrace
> Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!
>

> Any hints where should I look for the reason relinking is failing?
>
> Predrag

I am onto something

# pwd
/usr/share/compile/GENERIC.MP
# more relink.log
sha256: /var/db/kernel.SHA256: no properly formatted checksum lines
found
sha256: /bsd does not exist in /var/db/kernel.SHA256

The kernel I am currently using was copied from the other machine when
the desktop was trashed due to pmap_flash_cache problem on Apollo Lake

https://www.mail-archive.com/misc@.../msg157274.html

Cheers,
Predrag

Re: Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Theo de Raadt-2
If you self-modify /bsd, the hash will disagree.

That deactivates kernel relinking.  That is used by developers.

re-create the hash