Re: please help fixing php-fpm on armv7 - egdb result

Re: please help fixing php-fpm on armv7 - egdb result

Karel Gardas
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 17:02:25 -0800
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Jeremie for your suggestion.  I built  the gdb package and ran egdb with the result below.  I hope this provides some clues.
>
> op1bsdsnap1228# egdb /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm-7.2 /root/php-fpm-7.2.core
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12.1
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "arm-unknown-openbsd6.4".
> Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
> Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
> For help, type "help".
> Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
> Reading symbols from /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm-7.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> [New process 446218]
>
> warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.1" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
>
> warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libc.so.93.0" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
> Core was generated by `php-fpm-7.2'.
> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> #0  0xdfdfdfde in ?? ()
> (gdb)

Here ^ you should type "bt" and hit Enter and this way you will see stacktrace of the crash. Also if you build php-fpm-7.2 with debugging enabled, it will help too probably since you will/should see line numbers etc.

Re: please help fixing php-fpm on armv7 - egdb result

s_graf
I gather the warnings about wrong libraries did not provide any clues.
Running the debugger will be a challenge for me, but I will give it a try.  What needs to be rebuilt with debug enabled?  The more detailed the instructions the better.
It is the child processes that are failing.

On 2019/01/12 16:41, Karel Gardas wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 17:02:25 -0800
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Jeremie for your suggestion.  I built  the gdb package and ran egdb with the result below.  I hope this provides some clues.
> >
> > op1bsdsnap1228# egdb /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm-7.2 /root/php-fpm-7.2.core
> > GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12.1
> > Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> > This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
> > There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> > and "show warranty" for details.
> > This GDB was configured as "arm-unknown-openbsd6.4".
> > Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
> > For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> > <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
> > Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
> > <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
> > For help, type "help".
> > Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
> > Reading symbols from /usr/local/sbin/php-fpm-7.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> > [New process 446218]
> >
> > warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.45.1" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
> >
> > warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libc.so.93.0" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
> > Core was generated by `php-fpm-7.2'.
> > Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > #0  0xdfdfdfde in ?? ()
> > (gdb)
>
> Here ^ you should type "bt" and hit Enter and this way you will see stacktrace of the crash. Also if you build php-fpm-7.2 with debugging enabled, it will help too probably since you will/should see line numbers etc.

That is not how a healthy stack looks. It's highly unlikely you will get
anything useful from a backtrace of this coredump.

I think it's likely to need one or a combination of:

- enable as much debug logging as possible
- add extra debugging logs/printfs
- running from the start under a debugger and stepping through to figure
out codepaths leading to the crash

to try to figure out what's going on.

I'd take a look if I had hardware though I don't know if I would be able
to figure it out (I haven't got anywhere with the php-7.3 crashfest on
OpenBSD/amd64 either)..