Re: YNT: Can't Mount CD-ROM (Newbie)

Gregor Best
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 06:35:07PM +0300, Umut Berk Alkan wrote:
> No any changes.
>
> P.s. I'm trying to burn a ISO file, which I think I will need a mounting on
> blank dvd?
> [...]

So the disc you are trying to mount is empty? In that case, mounting
won't do anything because there's no file system on the disc. Burning
one is done with cdio(1). The `tao` option should be what you want, as
in:
        cdio tao /path/to/image.iso

If a disc populated with a file system still fails, try cd0c instead of
cd0i. It's been a long while since I last used optical media.

    Gregor Best

Re: YNT: Can't Mount CD-ROM (Newbie)

slhactivist
Mount if you need to read files etc.

mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom

But you're burning, so:

cdio -v -f /dev/cd0c tao -d -s 1 /image/to/burn.iso

That's what I've used in the past.

Do you get any error messages?