Re: Tftpboot on arm64 is not yet implemented?

Re: Tftpboot on arm64 is not yet implemented?

Nikolai Borodin
So what do I need to do after u-boot has loaded? The best I could get up
to now was loading the kernel and dtb over tftp, but it is then stuck at
"Starting kernel".� Are these kernels bootable by u-boot at all or do
they still need conversion to uimage ? The mkuboot command is supposed to
do that but I am not sure about the -e and -l addresses. Additionally,
the image size increases and then the u-boot.bin in the miniroot
complains about the size limit. When I compile a custom u-boot with
support for larger kernel sizes it is then still stuck at "starting
kernel".� Is there some documentation on how the u-boot.bin for openbsd
was build? Is it derived from mainline u-boot or some custom fork?There
is the -o option for mkuboot which accepts "Linux" and "OpenBSD" as
arguments. I saw "Linux" being used on the mail list, when I choose
"OpenBSD" to convert the kernel u-boot throws some error about the OS not
being supported.I build my u-boot on linux but I see some options in the
source regarding OpenBSD , so does the u-boot.bin need to be build on
OpenBSD?� Regards,Nikolai

Nikolai

Re: Tftpboot on arm64 is not yet implemented?

Jonathan Gray-11
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:47:02PM +0300, Nikolai Borodin wrote:
> Hopefully, the message is not garbled this time ...
>
> So what do I need to do after u-boot has loaded? The best I could get up to now was loading the kernel and dtb over tftp, but it is then stuck at
> "Starting kernel".

I believe U-Boot UEFI does not fully implement networking protocols in
the previous release.

>  Are these kernels bootable by u-boot at all or do they still need conversion to uimage? The mkuboot command is supposed to
> do that but I am not sure about the -e and -l addresses. Additionally, the image size increases and then the u-boot.bin in the miniroot
> complains about the size limit. When I compile a custom u-boot with support for larger kernel sizes it is then still stuck at "starting
> kernel".
>
> Is there some documentation on how the u-boot.bin for OpenBSD was build? Is it derived from mainline u-boot or some custom fork? There
> is the -o option for mkuboot which accepts "Linux" and "OpenBSD" as arguments. I saw "Linux" being used on the mail list, when I choose
> "OpenBSD" to convert the kernel u-boot throws some error about the OS not being supported. I build my u-boot on linux but I see some options in the
> source regarding OpenBSD , so does the u-boot.bin need to be build on OpenBSD?
>
> Regards,
> Nikolai

U-Boot loads BOOTARM.EFI or BOOTAA64.EFI which load the kernel.
Wrapping kernels with mkuboot is no longer done/used.

U-Boot binaries included in install images are built from
sysutils/u-boot in ports.