Quantcast

Re: SMP on IBM eseriesand amd64

Lukáš Macura
Sorry for wasting your time, but I sent some info about our firewall
        which you needed to see where is bottleneck. Did somebody found
        something usefull there ? It would help us too much to speed up
        mour
        firewall, we choosed openBSD even ehen company which made our
        network
        wanted to sell PIX. We do not like PIX and we want to make a
        proof that
        we can do better things on openbsd than on PIX. But now it is
        very
        slow :(

        So do you thing that if we will change system to i386 SP, it
        will be
        quicker? I am not talking about 10% of speed. I think this
        system is
        ready to cary min. 6 times more packets/sec (see my previous
        mail).

        Thanx for any answer. Maybe this is not good list and it should
        be
        directed to tech@ too ?

        Lukas Macura.

        Ps: Long time ago we used linux and iptables, but pf.conf is
        great !
        Thanx to all for great work! I do not want to use something else
        than
        pf :)