Re: Remove x11/ion

Simon Kuhnle
Hi,

I'm sorry to revive this discussion, but what is the plan for x11/ion
now? Renaming it? If yes, then what name? Or removing it?

Would be nice to get a clear decission, as it's my favorite WM ATM.

simon

Re: Remove x11/ion

Pedro Martelletto
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:33:42AM +0200, Simon Kuhnle wrote:
> I'm sorry to revive this discussion, but what is the plan for x11/ion
> now? Renaming it? If yes, then what name? Or removing it?

Renaming it is not enough. You also have to please the author's ego by
satisfying this clause: "executables must also be given names that do
not conflict with the original copyright holder's version".

Considering the inherent dubiousness of what 'executable' might really
mean in the sentence, that can be translated from "heavy patching" to
"keeping your own tree".

In my case, I definitely lack the time and will to fulfill such stupid
requirements. Besides, while certainly unadvisable in a ports mailing
list, I'm pretty sure every Ion user out there is smart enough to fetch
and compile from source.

-p.

Re: Remove x11/ion

Simon Kuhnle
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 02:47:04PM +0200, Pedro Martelletto wrote:
> In my case, I definitely lack the time and will to fulfill such stupid
> requirements. Besides, while certainly unadvisable in a ports mailing
> list, I'm pretty sure every Ion user out there is smart enough to fetch
> and compile from source.

So the current ports version will be the last?
Well, I'm fine with compiling it myself.

simon

Re: Remove x11/ion

Pedro Martelletto
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 03:31:16PM +0200, Simon Kuhnle wrote:
> So the current ports version will be the last?

Unless someone decides to please the author or he changes the license,
yes.

-p.