Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

Theo de Raadt-2
The OpenBSD user community is has too many people like this.

From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:34:54 +0200
Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>

Go away?! I'm your user - FIX IT.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:

 I take a lot of responsibility, which is why the system has KARL.

 Go away.

From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:41:25 +0200
To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>

You are not true here.
You get paid.
Fuck man, I like OS and been following for a long time. Team does good stuff.
But something is not OK, since 6.5.
Question is what is not OK.
You devs might help out.

Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

Mathijs
this makes misc@ so much more amusing

On 6/20/19 10:44 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> The OpenBSD user community is has too many people like this.
>

> From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:34:54 +0200
> Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
> To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
> Go away?! I'm your user - FIX IT.
>
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   I take a lot of responsibility, which is why the system has KARL.
>
>   Go away.
>
> From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:35:21 +0200
> Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
> To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
> Fix it NOW!
>
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:34, Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Go away?! I'm your user - FIX IT.
>
>   On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   I take a lot of responsibility, which is why the system has KARL.
>
>   Go away.
>
> From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:41:25 +0200
> Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
> To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
> You are not true here.
> You get paid.
> Fuck man, I like OS and been following for a long time. Team does good stuff.
> But something is not OK, since 6.5.
> Question is what is not OK.
> You devs might help out.

Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

Andrew Luke Nesbit-2
Honestly I think the best thing is to ignore people like this.  From the start it was clear that this is a very angry person who needs to spend more time looking in the mirror and less time at the computer.

I used to run a FLOSS project and experienced this kind of abuse regularly.

Andrew

On 20 June 2019 21:44:16 BST, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>The OpenBSD user community is has too many people like this.
>

>From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
>Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:34:54 +0200
>Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
>To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
>Go away?! I'm your user - FIX IT.
>
>On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
> I take a lot of responsibility, which is why the system has KARL.
>
> Go away.
>
>From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
>Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:35:21 +0200
>Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
>To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
>Fix it NOW!
>
>On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:34, Maxim Bourmistrov
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Go away?! I'm your user - FIX IT.
>
>On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:32, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
> I take a lot of responsibility, which is why the system has KARL.
>
> Go away.
>
>From: Maxim Bourmistrov <[hidden email]>
>Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:41:25 +0200
>Subject: Re: Reboot and re-link
>To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
>
>You are not true here.
>You get paid.
>Fuck man, I like OS and been following for a long time. Team does good
>stuff.
>But something is not OK, since 6.5.
>Question is what is not OK.
>You devs might help out.

Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

chohag
mathijs writes:
> this makes misc@ so much more amusing

I didn't join for the soap opera.

Matthew

Re: Reboot and re-link (fwd) Maxim Bourmistrov: Re: Reboot and re-link

Florian Obser-2
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:47:49PM +0200, mathijs wrote:
> this makes misc@ so much more amusing

It really doesn't. We are not here to have manure tossed at us for the
audience's amusement.

Everytime something like this happens it takes time away from hacking
on OpenBSD. It doesn't matter that it wasn't directed at me. I'm part
of the project and I care about my fellow developers.

I'm not entirely sure you are real.

On 21 June 2019 14:04:50 BST, Florian Obser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:47:49PM +0200, mathijs wrote:
>> this makes misc@ so much more amusing
>
>It really doesn't. We are not here to have manure tossed at us for the
>audience's amusement.

Agreed. This kind of abuse happens in any FOSS project.  This "Maxim" is an absolute creep, but many people are far, far worse, even.  I wasted so much time and energy in the FOSS project I ran having to take countermeasures against such people.