Re: OpenBSD Qemu

Francois Pussault-2
I failed to install it with Qemu because keyboard was "mad"
;)

Cordialement
Francois Pussault
10 chemin de négo saoumos
apt 202 - bat 2
31300 Toulouse
+33 6 17 230 820

Re: OpenBSD Qemu

Stuart Longland
On 25/5/20 8:34 am, abed wrote:

> Sorry what kind of details you guess we need?
>
> Host OS: FreeBSD 12.1
>
> VMM: Qemu 5.0.0 (compiled from source)
>
> Guest OS: OpenBSD 6.7
>
> qemu-system-x86_64 -m 2048 \ -cdrom cd67.iso \ -drive
> if=virtio,file=disk.qcow2,format=qcow2 \ -enable-kvm \ -netdev
> user,id=mynet0,hostfwd=tcp:127.0.0.1:7922-:22 \ -device
> virtio-net,netdev=mynet0 \ -smp 2

Maybe direct a virtual serial port to a telnet port in QEMU, use
`telnet` within `script` to log everything seen there and tell OpenBSD
to use serial console on aforementioned serial port?

That might give us a `dmesg` dump to work with at least.  If it really
is interaction with the video console that causes it, maybe pressing
some keys on said console will trigger it with the log messages going to
the virtual serial port?
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...