Re: NEW: [1/2] x11/kde-applications/konsole

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: [1/2] x11/kde-applications/konsole

Elias M. Mariani
The app works OK, or, at least just as good as the current version of konsole.
It's kinda weird in both applications that if you "split the view"
either in horizontal or vertical the consoles are just mirrors of the
originals (same console in two places), but this happens also with the
current version so I guess that that is how it works... weird...
Tested in kde4 session and in a vanilla X session, no problems, the
only error that I get is when creating a new tab:
"sysctl() call failed with code 2"
When open the app:
"sysctl() call failed with code 22"
and when closing the app:
"shell did not close, sending SIGHUP
Process N did not die with SIGHUP"
And one error from QXcbConnection that seemed pretty random.

None of the above seems motive to discard the change from the current
version, since that testing the current app gives the same or even
more errors...
But I recommend waiting for the x11/Yakuake test to be sure that the
library works well.

Cheers.
Elias.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: [1/2] x11/kde-applications/konsole

Rafael Sadowski
On Tue Jun 05, 2018 at 02:35:19PM -0300, Elias M. Mariani wrote:

> The app works OK, or, at least just as good as the current version of konsole.
> It's kinda weird in both applications that if you "split the view"
> either in horizontal or vertical the consoles are just mirrors of the
> originals (same console in two places), but this happens also with the
> current version so I guess that that is how it works... weird...
> Tested in kde4 session and in a vanilla X session, no problems, the
> only error that I get is when creating a new tab:
> "sysctl() call failed with code 2"
> When open the app:
> "sysctl() call failed with code 22"
> and when closing the app:
> "shell did not close, sending SIGHUP
> Process N did not die with SIGHUP"
> And one error from QXcbConnection that seemed pretty random.
Thanks again!

Pretty detailed report but It's only the "normal" KDE noise expect
"sysctl()".

As I told you we're not here to fix KDE ;)

>
> None of the above seems motive to discard the change from the current
> version, since that testing the current app gives the same or even
> more errors...
> But I recommend waiting for the x11/Yakuake test to be sure that the
> library works well.
>
> Cheers.
> Elias.
>
Please find attached the final tarball with some depend tweaks and new
@conflicts:

@conflict kdebase-<4
@conflict kde-l10n-*

Thanks to espie@ and pkglocatedb.

post-import tasks:

Remove konsole in mate/kde4 and x11/kde4/libs (TEST_DEPEND). No one is
interested in these tests anymore:

meta/kde4/Makefile:   ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole              \
meta/kde4/Makefile:   ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole              \
x11/kde4/libs/Makefile: ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole>=${MODKDE4_DEP_VERSION}

Unbook and delete yakuake-kde4 (simple replacement)
x11/yakuake-kde4/Makefile:RUN_DEPENDS = ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole \


Ok to import?

konsole-17.12.3p0.tar.gz (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: [1/2] x11/kde-applications/konsole

Vadim Zhukov
6 июня 2018 г. 23:03:15 GMT+03:00, Rafael Sadowski <[hidden email]> пишет:

>On Tue Jun 05, 2018 at 02:35:19PM -0300, Elias M. Mariani wrote:
>> The app works OK, or, at least just as good as the current version of
>konsole.
>> It's kinda weird in both applications that if you "split the view"
>> either in horizontal or vertical the consoles are just mirrors of the
>> originals (same console in two places), but this happens also with
>the
>> current version so I guess that that is how it works... weird...
>> Tested in kde4 session and in a vanilla X session, no problems, the
>> only error that I get is when creating a new tab:
>> "sysctl() call failed with code 2"
>> When open the app:
>> "sysctl() call failed with code 22"
>> and when closing the app:
>> "shell did not close, sending SIGHUP
>> Process N did not die with SIGHUP"
>> And one error from QXcbConnection that seemed pretty random.
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Pretty detailed report but It's only the "normal" KDE noise expect
>"sysctl()".
>
>As I told you we're not here to fix KDE ;)
>
>>
>> None of the above seems motive to discard the change from the current
>> version, since that testing the current app gives the same or even
>> more errors...
>> But I recommend waiting for the x11/Yakuake test to be sure that the
>> library works well.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Elias.
>>
>
>Please find attached the final tarball with some depend tweaks and new
>@conflicts:
>
>@conflict kdebase-<4
>@conflict kde-l10n-*
>
>Thanks to espie@ and pkglocatedb.
>
>post-import tasks:
>
>Remove konsole in mate/kde4 and x11/kde4/libs (TEST_DEPEND). No one is
>interested in these tests anymore:
>
>meta/kde4/Makefile:   ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole              \
>meta/kde4/Makefile:   ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole              \
>x11/kde4/libs/Makefile:
>${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole>=${MODKDE4_DEP_VERSION}
>
>Unbook and delete yakuake-kde4 (simple replacement)
>x11/yakuake-kde4/Makefile:RUN_DEPENDS = ${MODKDE4_DEP_DIR}/konsole \
>
>
>Ok to import?

This looks like a small bug (or two) in my code, actually. Could you please ping me somewhere in July to look at Konsole sysctl bits, if I'll forget?
--
  WBR,
    Vadim Zhukov