Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

minek van
fyi, undeadly.org has problems.

Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 5:49 PM
From: "Kenneth Westerback" <[hidden email]>
To: "minek van" <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

The Foundation has nothing to do with undeadly.org[http://undeadly.org] beyond
using it occasionally to communicate with the community.
 .... Ken

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 at 06:04 minek van
<[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]> wrote:
Any chance that undeadly.org[http://undeadly.org] will get a little help?

In the near future, webbrowsers will start to mark the non-https pages "red".

Many thanks!

> Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 9:45 PM
> From: tj <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]>
> To: "minek van" <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]>
> Subject: Re: https://undeadly.org[http://undeadly.org]
>
> i tried MULTIPLE TIMES to make this happen LONG AGO.
>
> the current administrator of the website (paul) does not care about
> undeadly anymore.
>
> he will not work on the code.
>
> he will not get https.
>
> he will not fix the search function.
>
> he will not fix bugs that have been around for years.
>
> i sent internal emails to the whole editor team about things we need
> to work on to improve the site... and no one replied. not one person.
>
> i've given up contributing because of how depressing it is to try
> and work with the undeadly "team" who never wants to do anything.

Hello,

can the World have a working https://undeadly.org[https://undeadly.org] ?

The:

https://www.openbsd.org/[https://www.openbsd.org/]

has a very good Let's Encrypt cert. Can undeadly have one too?

Currently https only brings up a strange auth window.

Many thanks!

Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

Florian Obser-2
It is usually not considered polite to forward private mails to
mailing lists.

I'm not entirely sure you are real.

Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

Paul de Weerd
Hi Minek,

It's not really good form to share private e-mails publicly.

However, since my name was mentioned, I'll state here that although I
don't fully agree with TJ's view, it is at least partially true.

If you want to discuss matters regarding undeadly, feel free to reach
out to [hidden email].

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/

Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

On 2017-02-28, minek van <[hidden email]> wrote:
> fyi, undeadly.org has problems.
[snip]

After a mail like this, if I was hosting the site I would probably
just pull the plug.

Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

Ed Ahlsen-Girard-2
I have used and enjoyed undeadly for around ten years, and wish to
acknowledge Paul for having been helpful to me on more than one
occasion.

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard
Ft Walton Beach, FL

Re: https://undeadly.org

bytevolcano
I vaguely recall this sort of thing happening before with deadly.org;
this is how undeadly.org started.

Maybe undeadly.org will turn into [something with a zombie-like
name].org?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:59:24 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-02-28, minek van <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > fyi, undeadly.org has problems.
> [snip]
>
> After a mail like this, if I was hosting the site I would probably
> just pull the plug.

Re: Fw: Re: https://undeadly.org

Kevin Chadwick-4
>> In the near future, webbrowsers will start to mark the non-https pages
"red".

I don't agree that https everywhere is a good thing for technical and
social reasons (making insecure sites look secure and pandering to
them/avoiding their discovery). I sense I may get even more irritated with
the browsers and Google when this happens, as they still don't provide
reasonable third party javascript control on android bowsers as you need to
use add ons.

It may be especially irritating that firefox may make my sites look
insecure, when like adobe reader they haven't even secured their binary
windows installer with anything stronger than sha1 digital signatures
unless you hunt down the gpg key which isn't advertised!