Quantcast

Re: Firmware for T1000

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

L.R. D.S.
The UltraSparc T1 and T2 is part of OpenSPARC project... so I think the OpenBoot can be compiled from source:
OpenBoot PROM - http://www.openfirmware.info/OpenBIOS
Anyway, can't confirm since I don't have sparc64 platform.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

Sevan / Venture37-2
On 2 April 2015 at 23:02, L.R. D.S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The UltraSparc T1 and T2 is part of OpenSPARC project... so I think the OpenBoot can be compiled from source:
> OpenBoot PROM - http://www.openfirmware.info/OpenBIOS
> Anyway, can't confirm since I don't have sparc64 platform.

Please don't advise people to try that on Sun/Fujitsu servers
As mentioned from your link:
"Do not try to put OpenBIOS in a real boot ROM, it will not work and
may damage your hardware!"

Sevan / Venture37

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

L.R. D.S.
In reply to this post by L.R. D.S.
>Please don't advise people to try that

I don't. Read again, I write "[I] can't confirm".
Anyway, since it run on FPGA emulation, maybe it's possible
to run it on real machine... I need to dig more this, since I'll
buy a Sun Fire T1000 soom.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

Paolo Aglialoro
Then, before bricking your hardware trying experimental software, just drop
us a mail, maybe we can help you ;)

Btw, the T1000 is a wonderful machine: the very last pizza box with carrier
grade durability, drinks only 100W and features 4 Gb NICs. You need a
warrior axe to stop it from working.

The only two design flaws are the lack of optical/USB which compels to
netinstall (some say plugging a sata DVD in SAS slot works but it didn't
for me, booting was endless) and the mandatory requirement to use all dimms
of the same size (i.e. u can't mix 4gb modules with 2gb ones etc). Btw I
still have 4x1gb modules around for it.

It's nice to run OpenBSD and Solaris at the same time, supports latest
versions of both OSs. In case you would like to use Sol 11.2 as
virtualization host, you will have to downgrade ldom support to 1.2 but you
will benefit ZFS. OpenBSD, instead, thanks to Mark, has hypervisor working
out of the box, see man ldomctl. I tried both configs and Mark's one wins
hands down for simplicity. The only two reasons to run Solaris as host are
if you absolutely need zfs or if you need hardware drivers for some pcie
expansion card which openbsd does not recognise.

Il 03/apr/2015 01:13 "L.R. D.S." <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> >Please don't advise people to try that
>
> I don't. Read again, I write "[I] can't confirm".
> Anyway, since it run on FPGA emulation, maybe it's possible
> to run it on real machine... I need to dig more this, since I'll
> buy a Sun Fire T1000 soom.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

Duncan Patton a Campbell
In reply to this post by L.R. D.S.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1,SHA256

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 22:02:08 +0000 (UTC)
"L.R. D.S." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The UltraSparc T1 and T2 is part of OpenSPARC project... so I think
> the OpenBoot can be compiled from source: OpenBoot PROM -
> http://www.openfirmware.info/OpenBIOS Anyway, can't confirm since I
> don't have sparc64 platform.
>
>
This machine is running openboot ...

OpenBSD 5.6 (GENERIC) #1: Thu Nov 27 04:10:08 MST 2014
    [hidden email]:/home/stars/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC
real mem = 536870912 (512MB)
avail mem = 513671168 (489MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-IIi 270MHz)
cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi (rev 1.3) @ 270 MHz
cpu0: physical 16K instruction (32 b/l), 16K data (32 b/l), 256K external (64 b/l)
psycho0 at mainbus0 addr 0xfffc4000: SUNW,sabre, impl 0, version 0, ign 7c0
psycho0: bus range 0-3, PCI bus 0
psycho0: dvma map c0000000-dfffffff
pci0 at psycho0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 1 "Sun Simba" rev 0x13
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ebus0 at pci1 dev 1 function 0 "Sun PCIO EBus2" rev 0x01
auxio0 at ebus0 addr 726000-726003, 728000-728003, 72a000-72a003, 72c000-72c003, 72f000-72f003
power0 at ebus0 addr 724000-724003 ivec 0x25
"SUNW,pll" at ebus0 addr 504000-504002 not configured
sab0 at ebus0 addr 400000-40007f ivec 0x2b: rev 3.2
sabtty0 at sab0 port 0
sabtty1 at sab0 port 1
comkbd0 at ebus0 addr 3083f8-3083ff ivec 0x29: layout 34
wskbd0 at comkbd0: console keyboard
comms0 at ebus0 addr 3062f8-3062ff ivec 0x2a
wsmouse0 at comms0 mux 0
lpt0 at ebus0 addr 3043bc-3043cb, 30015c-30015d, 700000-70000f ivec 0x22: polled
clock1 at ebus0 addr 0-1fff: mk48t59
"flashprom" at ebus0 addr 0-fffff not configured
audioce0 at ebus0 addr 200000-2000ff, 702000-70200f, 704000-70400f, 722000-722003 ivec 0x23 ivec 0x24: nvaddrs 0
audio0 at audioce0
hme0 at pci1 dev 1 function 1 "Sun HME" rev 0x01: ivec 0x7e1, address 08:00:20:a2:f6:94
nsphy0 at hme0 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 PHY, rev. 1
machfb0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0 "ATI Mach64" rev 0x5c
machfb0: ATY,GT-C, 800x600
wsdisplay0 at machfb0 mux 1: console (std, sun emulation), using wskbd0
pciide0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0 "CMD Technology PCI0646" rev 0x03: DMA, channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
pciide0: using ivec 0x7e0 for native-PCI interrupt
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <ELITE PRO CF CARD 16GB>
wd0: 1-sector PIO, LBA, 15279MB, 31293360 sectors
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <LG, CD-ROM CRD-8322B, 1.03> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
ppb1 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Sun Simba" rev 0x13
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
ppb2 at pci2 dev 1 function 0 "DEC 21152" rev 0x02
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
"Sun PCIO EBus2" rev 0x01 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 not configured
hme1 at pci3 dev 0 function 1 "Sun HME" rev 0x01: ivec 0x7d1, address 08:00:20:a3:e8:52
nsphy1 at hme1 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 PHY, rev. 1
qlw0 at pci3 dev 4 function 0 "QLogic ISP1020" rev 0x05: ivec 0x7d0
qlw0: nvram corrupt
qlw0: firmware rev 4.66.0, attrs 0x0
scsibus2 at qlw0: 16 targets, initiator 7
vscsi0 at root
scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
bootpath: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3,0/disk@0,0
root on wd0a (6a8c99fe8da07d29.a) swap on wd0b dump on wd0b
psycho0: correctable DMA error AFAR 3566a140 AFSR 20c100ff00000000

not quite a t1000, but pretty solid and cool without a hard disk.

Dhu

- --
Ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostra voco.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=
=9K9U
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Firmware for T1000

Duncan Patton a Campbell
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1,SHA256

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 06:24:43 -0600
Duncan Patton a Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1,SHA256
>
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 22:02:08 +0000 (UTC)
> "L.R. D.S." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The UltraSparc T1 and T2 is part of OpenSPARC project... so I think
> > the OpenBoot can be compiled from source: OpenBoot PROM -
> > http://www.openfirmware.info/OpenBIOS Anyway, can't confirm since I
> > don't have sparc64 platform.
> >
> >
> This machine is running openboot ...

OpenBoot 3.31 .  was needed for the mem upgrade to 512mb or the 16gig ide ... woo wooo;)

Dhu

>
> OpenBSD 5.6 (GENERIC) #1: Thu Nov 27 04:10:08 MST 2014
>     [hidden email]:/home/stars/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC
> real mem = 536870912 (512MB)
> avail mem = 513671168 (489MB)
> mpath0 at root
> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
> mainbus0 at root: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-IIi 270MHz)
> cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi (rev 1.3) @ 270 MHz
> cpu0: physical 16K instruction (32 b/l), 16K data (32 b/l), 256K
> external (64 b/l) psycho0 at mainbus0 addr 0xfffc4000: SUNW,sabre,
> impl 0, version 0, ign 7c0 psycho0: bus range 0-3, PCI bus 0
> psycho0: dvma map c0000000-dfffffff
> pci0 at psycho0
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 1 "Sun Simba" rev 0x13
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> ebus0 at pci1 dev 1 function 0 "Sun PCIO EBus2" rev 0x01
> auxio0 at ebus0 addr 726000-726003, 728000-728003, 72a000-72a003,
> 72c000-72c003, 72f000-72f003 power0 at ebus0 addr 724000-724003 ivec
> 0x25 "SUNW,pll" at ebus0 addr 504000-504002 not configured
> sab0 at ebus0 addr 400000-40007f ivec 0x2b: rev 3.2
> sabtty0 at sab0 port 0
> sabtty1 at sab0 port 1
> comkbd0 at ebus0 addr 3083f8-3083ff ivec 0x29: layout 34
> wskbd0 at comkbd0: console keyboard
> comms0 at ebus0 addr 3062f8-3062ff ivec 0x2a
> wsmouse0 at comms0 mux 0
> lpt0 at ebus0 addr 3043bc-3043cb, 30015c-30015d, 700000-70000f ivec
> 0x22: polled clock1 at ebus0 addr 0-1fff: mk48t59
> "flashprom" at ebus0 addr 0-fffff not configured
> audioce0 at ebus0 addr 200000-2000ff, 702000-70200f, 704000-70400f,
> 722000-722003 ivec 0x23 ivec 0x24: nvaddrs 0 audio0 at audioce0
> hme0 at pci1 dev 1 function 1 "Sun HME" rev 0x01: ivec 0x7e1, address
> 08:00:20:a2:f6:94 nsphy0 at hme0 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 PHY, rev. 1
> machfb0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0 "ATI Mach64" rev 0x5c
> machfb0: ATY,GT-C, 800x600
> wsdisplay0 at machfb0 mux 1: console (std, sun emulation), using
> wskbd0 pciide0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0 "CMD Technology PCI0646" rev
> 0x03: DMA, channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured
> to native-PCI pciide0: using ivec 0x7e0 for native-PCI interrupt wd0
> at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <ELITE PRO CF CARD 16GB> wd0: 1-sector
> PIO, LBA, 15279MB, 31293360 sectors wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode
> 4, DMA mode 2 atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <LG, CD-ROM CRD-8322B, 1.03> ATAPI
> 5/cdrom removable cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Sun Simba" rev 0x13
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> ppb2 at pci2 dev 1 function 0 "DEC 21152" rev 0x02
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> "Sun PCIO EBus2" rev 0x01 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 not configured
> hme1 at pci3 dev 0 function 1 "Sun HME" rev 0x01: ivec 0x7d1, address
> 08:00:20:a3:e8:52 nsphy1 at hme1 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 PHY, rev. 1
> qlw0 at pci3 dev 4 function 0 "QLogic ISP1020" rev 0x05: ivec 0x7d0
> qlw0: nvram corrupt
> qlw0: firmware rev 4.66.0, attrs 0x0
> scsibus2 at qlw0: 16 targets, initiator 7
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
> bootpath: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3,0/disk@0,0
> root on wd0a (6a8c99fe8da07d29.a) swap on wd0b dump on wd0b
> psycho0: correctable DMA error AFAR 3566a140 AFSR 20c100ff00000000
>
> not quite a t1000, but pretty solid and cool without a hard disk.
>
> Dhu
>
> - --
> Ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostra voco.
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1
>
> iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJVHoaLAAoJEIAEMDKqK2pB/r0H/j8JtztPxUrhj6XYEvOIv5kx
> rHo4C3OkEf6PvFk8MaE1w2tiot8hw+daOn2e+4L5snIvC0z+0B5VyFqs9E7Ojo/+
> ofBVl2LFoee99C7qvsuEnsE/528H7gN1diOQq7upRa5WyeCWXEtiqD+6/3VLzYjx
> RYp40gxX6kndm+ZdFKdzx/vrKQn5PX7YAxzXTKSftHeQS/I/HtaksKY1yVzifANr
> EXafVR+94dR/IXZoXWNvi9tXOmb92Eeyjre723i4qIPLVw/zF1bbd906fFXLOpzt
> NQXrbl6L2SDeXeB2A3MCRB/KWW0MF+igpV9SYVqxeGkQ/srJ340xdZ3gYVvNbwKI
> XgQBEQgABgUCVR6GiwAKCRCJjoDPNHWXPPN9AP4uxQUiZj2lOpf8SciVbYzfwgYd
> C7/wELvbYp60I//5hAEAqqJhSEraAewpTWg8IaMJqzDdC5dcxMzC7WGuC9Yqrd8=
> =9K9U
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


- --
Ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostra voco.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJVHoqkAAoJEIAEMDKqK2pBApkIALSDjaL5hL8egR10JcISu467
dnd9MJSOh7tYRL7o+tpeXjDGA3eo7NfP7Mn9LNgWp/Q0EHcgcZD+a98RnDMkZXa5
gMELB+HMfhvOFJeYfKQ40OKBAFKrpQeO+3LgsPqb0JbF92bAnhQFx570UVl1Xiri
ZREgVIlB6uXCVfBFNhbsEzRhltRgqyawPskR4MWai/SeRyITg4Z0tHSLBX60vvQa
GmTbBceSL8rpHCtdM9sQr/wRrULFBH1I9R4gnIbDcaSyKDIy5iTqFA6O8oxkYk1U
D5A7+M8VrPNIsJyB7BdVz/ZOdxip9I0zN6qUgGZSGdSKgFo3dc456qRadLAL9GOI
XgQBEQgABgUCVR6KpAAKCRCJjoDPNHWXPMfGAP0eFNbkN/dlax0Cn5y4LiEBT1y/
T6WeFROuTpMtbof6/gEApVDA+PYA9iAhEybc7rmW1gQzldOUmOzmX31RVyilgZc=
=FCkF
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Loading...