Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

L. V. Lammert
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> Even if that is the case, it gives you NO RIGHT to keep pushing for
> developers to fix shit for you.

Well, .. if you would stop ranting long enough to actually READ the emails
I have sent, you might actually discover the words therein, .. and if you
can understand them [probably not when you're on such a lunatic high, .
maybe you should just get some rest instead?] you might actually
comprehend the question was as to the reason for the problem, .. not for
Stuart's help.

> None of your mails have arrived with a patch.  Why is that?

Maybe you keep me too busy with your ranting?

> "Alpine email client", "Upgrading SuSE", and
> "Gnome 3 - Love It or Hate It".

Well, .. if you stop ranting and spend a few brain cycles thinking about
it, you would realize that presentations are made for a specific audience.

> It is not right to demand other people fix bugs for you.  Stuart's
> mail was pretty clear, wasn't it?  I recall he said he has little
> interest in nagios.

Yes it was, and I agreed with him. You might want to think about that
before calling someone a lyer.

> If you want your money back, then it wasn't a contribution was it.

Huh? Can you even READ English when you're on such a rant-high? I ask if
YOU wanted to give it back, ..

Sheesh, Theo, .. you're just really on a rant, aren't you? Go get a drink,
.. hike up a mountain, .. or do something productive.

        Lee

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

L. V. Lammert
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> > Do you want to give back the money we have contributed? Refund the cost of
> > the CDs we have on the shelf since, what, 3.1?
>
> Are you being serious here?
>
> I give you some money, and you'll leave?

Well, .. that's what you were proposing, ..

> Are there really user community members like you -- who are so
> freeloading -- that if push comes to shove, they'll ask for their
> donations back?

Sorry, you're the one that doesn't WANT a user community, .. why blame
that on me?

> Lee, you are total scum.  Keep talking on the lists if you like;
> I'll let others judge you from here on out.

Sounds good to me.

        Lee

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

Theo de Raadt
> > > Do you want to give back the money we have contributed? Refund the cost of
> > > the CDs we have on the shelf since, what, 3.1?
> >
> > Are you being serious here?
> >
> > I give you some money, and you'll leave?
> >
> Well, .. that's what you were proposing, ..

I didn't propose anything about money.

Lee, the sentence at the top is from you.  You proposed that I give
you back the money you have contributed, and that I refund you money
for CDs you bought.

It was not my idea.  I did not bring up the topic of money.

Money was not mentioned be.

Lee, how much money are you asking for?

Is that a complete set of CDs?  Will you be wanting the postage
as well?

Please be detailed, I think it is important for us to understand
your proposal.

If you get money sent you, what happens next?

I just want to understand.

> > Are there really user community members like you -- who are so

> > freeloading -- that if push comes to shove, they'll ask for their
> > donations back?
> >
> Sorry, you're the one that doesn't WANT a user community, .. why blame
> that on me?

Correct. I've been clear for over 2 decades that I am not interested in
building a user community.

> > Lee, you are total scum.  Keep talking on the lists if you like;
> > I'll let others judge you from here on out.
> >
> Sounds good to me.

Let's finish this question of money first.

Does that money get sent to?

OrgName:        Omnitec Corporation
Address:        PO Box 411010
City:           St. Louis
StateProv:      MO
PostalCode:     63141
Country:        US

Like, in a cheque?

I just want to understand why you brought up money.

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

Theo de Raadt
Lee said:
> > > Do you want to give back the money we have contributed? Refund the cost of
> > > the CDs we have on the shelf since, what, 3.1?

Theo said

Lee said:

> Well, .. that's what you were proposing, ..

Lee is a liar.  I didn't propose money.

He asked for his money back.

How much money, Lee?

And if you get that money, what happens next?

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

L. V. Lammert

> > > Are you being serious here?
> > >
> > > I give you some money, and you'll leave?
> > >
> > Well, .. that's what you were proposing, ..
>
> I didn't propose anything about money.
>
> Lee, the sentence at the top is from you.  You proposed that I give
> you back the money you have contributed, and that I refund you money
> for CDs you bought.

Of course you did - you said you don't want any users for the project, ..
that implies no CD sales, no donations.

> Lee, how much money are you asking for?

How much are you offering? How many other users will you offer the deal to
if they happen to post and attract your attention?

> If you get money sent you, what happens next?
>
> I just want to understand.

The only point to understand is that you are apperently willing to spend
OpenBSD money just to satisfy the rantings of a lunatic.

> Correct. I've been clear for over 2 decades that I am not interested in
> building a user community.

Well, then, how can you accept purchase revenue FROM the user community?
Isn't that a direct conflict with your stated goals?

> Does that money get sent to?
>
> OrgName:        Omnitec Corporation
> Address:        PO Box 411010
> City:           St. Louis
> StateProv:      MO
> PostalCode:     63141
> Country:        US
>
> Like, in a cheque?

Whatever you want, .. if you want to pay users to go away, I won't turn it
down.

        Lee

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

Christian Weisgerber
On 2015-10-02, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AFAIK, Linux uses 'long' for time_t,

Yes.

> like we used to.

No.  We went from time_t being 32 bits on all archs to 64 bit on
all archs.

Re: 5.7 & 32-bit

Kevin Chadwick-4
> I think I know how my 20 years of dedication is seen by others.

I'm still trying to catch up in the mailing list but just wanted to say
though I know that you know already. A big thanks from the world not
just the community Theo for all your hard work and shining a light
from the end of the tunnel for 2038 and I'm hoping everyone important
catches up/on before it's too late.

People with too much pride to go and look into the facts even when
prodded will always pop up from time to time.

--

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable

12