Re[2]: Convert ffs1 to ffs2?

Михаил Попов

What is the best method to harden OpenBSD in a diskless mode?

I am going to use Librebooted X86 amd64 + Linux for a ZFS host, in a very minimum config like:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=21098#p21098

short (30-50cm) direct dedicated Ethernet cable between Orange PI ONE and X86 host, a firewall on both hosts which allows only a single connection of NFS from a single specific corresponding IP address.

X86 booted from ROM or from a very old SD card or even from a floppy (grub4dos).

Everything which can be encrypted (actually only against disk firmwares) is encrypted by luks:  system, ZFS pool devs, etc.

What can  be improved?

>> OpenBSD can run diskless but not sure if it works well, that depends on
>> your workload and opinion.
>
>OpenBSD works "well" as a diskless system (see diskless(8)).  The value
>of "well" depends on your expectations.  I don't run any of my OpenBSD
>systems with a graphical UI, for example, and I don't need super fast
>disk access to edit files or read my email.
>
>--
>Andreas (Kusalananda) Kähäri
>SciLifeLab, NBIS, ICM
>Uppsala University, Sweden
>
>.

Re: Convert ffs1 to ffs2?

Martin Schröder
Am Mi., 20. Mai 2020 um 11:41 Uhr schrieb Михаил Попов <[hidden email]>:
> What is the best method to harden OpenBSD in a diskless mode?

Manually converting the fs to FFS2 using ed. That's what you are
interested in, right?