Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Daniel Bolgheroni-6
Hi misc@,

Recently, I'm having some problems running some packages, specially the
ones which use gtk+2, e.g. tagtool, easytag, and not so frequent, with
firefox too.

Get this after a few seconds:

$ easytag
Abort trap (core dumped)
$

I'm running -current. Tried to raise some resources with ulimit but with
no luck.

Any clues? Thank you.

My dmesg:
OpenBSD 4.8 (GENERIC.MP) #0: Wed Aug 11 01:04:06 UTC 2010
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 937295872 (893MB)
avail mem = 898519040 (856MB)
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.5 @ 0xf0000 (49 entries)
bios0: vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD version "P09" date 05/05/2010
bios0: FOXCONN M61PMV
acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SSDT HPET MCFG SLIC APIC
acpi0: wakeup devices HUB0(S5) XVR0(S5) XVR1(S5) XVR2(S5) UAR1(S5) USB0(S3) USB2(S3) AZAD(S5) MMAC(S5)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 25000000 Hz
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 10408.49 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu0: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu0: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu0: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
cpu0: apic clock running at 200MHz
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 2812.98 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu1: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu1: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu1: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 11, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 4
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (HUB0)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: PSS
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature 70 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
"NVIDIA MCP61 Memory" rev 0xa1 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
pcib0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 ISA" rev 0xa2
nviic0 at pci0 dev 1 function 1 "NVIDIA MCP61 SMBus" rev 0xa2
iic0 at nviic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-6400CL5
iic1 at nviic0
iic1: addr 0x2f 01=33 02=33 03=33 04=33 05=33 06=33 07=33 08=33 09=60 0a=3f 0b=57 0c=98 11=70 12=40 5a=05 5b=10 5c=10 5d=19 5e=34 f0=20 f1=20 f2=02 fa=00 ff=5e words 00=ffff 01=33ff 02=33ff 03=33ff 04=33ff 05=33ff 06=33ff 07=33ff
"NVIDIA MCP61 Memory" rev 0xa2 at pci0 dev 1 function 2 not configured
ohci0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 USB" rev 0xa3: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5), version 1.0, legacy support
ehci0 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 "NVIDIA MPC61 USB" rev 0xa3: apic 4 int 10 (irq 10)
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "NVIDIA EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61" rev 0xa1
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
vr0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0 "VIA VT6105 RhineIII" rev 0x86: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5), address 00:08:54:19:6a:a2
ukphy0 at vr0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface, rev. 4: OUI 0x004063, model 0x0034
rl0 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 "Realtek 8139" rev 0x10: apic 4 int 11 (irq 11), address 00:e0:7d:a9:13:06
rlphy0 at rl0 phy 0: RTL internal PHY
azalia0 at pci0 dev 5 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 HD Audio" rev 0xa2: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5)
azalia0: codecs: VIA/0xe721
audio0 at azalia0
pciide0 at pci0 dev 6 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 IDE" rev 0xa2: DMA, channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
pciide0: channel 0 disabled (no drives)
pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
nfe0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 LAN" rev 0xa2: apic 4 int 15 (irq 15), address 00:23:ae:ff:de:0b
brgphy0 at nfe0 phy 0: BCM54XX 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 1
pciide1 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 SATA" rev 0xa2: DMA
pciide1: using apic 4 int 11 (irq 11) for native-PCI interrupt
wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <SAMSUNG HD161GJ>
wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 152627MB, 312581808 sectors
wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6
atapiscsi0 at pciide1 channel 1 drive 0
scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <TSSTcorp, DVD+-RW TS-H653G, DW10> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide1:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
pciide2 at pci0 dev 8 function 1 "NVIDIA MCP61 SATA" rev 0xa2: DMA
pciide2: using apic 4 int 10 (irq 10) for native-PCI interrupt
ppb1 at pci0 dev 9 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
ppb2 at pci0 dev 11 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
ppb3 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
vga1 at pci0 dev 13 function 0 "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430" rev 0xa2
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
pchb0 at pci0 dev 24 function 0 "AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport" rev 0x00
pchb1 at pci0 dev 24 function 1 "AMD AMD64 10h Address Map" rev 0x00
pchb2 at pci0 dev 24 function 2 "AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg" rev 0x00
km0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3 "AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg" rev 0x00
pchb3 at pci0 dev 24 function 4 "AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg" rev 0x00
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8716F rev 3, EC port 0x290
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
usb1 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1 "NVIDIA OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
umass0 at uhub0 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Sunplus Innovation Technology. USB to Serial-ATA bridge" rev 2.00/1.0f addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 1 lun 0: <SPIF301, USB2SATA Bridge, 0108> SCSI2 0/direct removable
sd0: drive offline
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Holtek product 0x1203" rev 2.00/2.80 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Holtek product 0x1203" rev 2.00/2.80 addr 2
uhidev1: iclass 3/0, 2 report ids
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 2: input=3, output=0, feature=0
uhidev2 at uhub1 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "vendor 0x192f USB Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/2.00 addr 3
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
softraid0 at root
root on wd0a swap on wd0b dump on wd0b

--
Daniel Bolgheroni <[hidden email]>
FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial
http://www.fei.edu.br

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 against HTML e-mail   X
                      / \

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Ulrich Kahl
Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:21:44 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :

> Hi misc@,
>
> Recently, I'm having some problems running some packages, specially
> the ones which use gtk+2, e.g. tagtool, easytag, and not so frequent,
> with firefox too.
>
> Get this after a few seconds:
>
> $ easytag
> Abort trap (core dumped)
> $
>
> I'm running -current. Tried to raise some resources with ulimit but
> with no luck.
>
> Any clues? Thank you.

Do you use the utf-8 locale (en_US.UTF-8)?

        Ulrich

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Daniel Bolgheroni-6
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Ulrich Kahl wrote:

> Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:21:44 +0000 (UTC)
> schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :
>
> > Hi misc@,
> >
> > Recently, I'm having some problems running some packages, specially
> > the ones which use gtk+2, e.g. tagtool, easytag, and not so frequent,
> > with firefox too.
> >
> > Get this after a few seconds:
> >
> > $ easytag
> > Abort trap (core dumped)
> > $
> >
> > I'm running -current. Tried to raise some resources with ulimit but
> > with no luck.
> >
> > Any clues? Thank you.
>
> Do you use the utf-8 locale (en_US.UTF-8)?

Yes. But actually it doesn't matter. The dumps occur while reading the
mp3 files at start in the case of audio/easytag, and when trying to work  
with multiple files in the case of audio/tagtool.

This is why I think it's a common issue.

Thank you.

--
Daniel Bolgheroni <[hidden email]>
FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial
http://www.fei.edu.br

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 against HTML e-mail   X
                      / \

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Tobias Ulmer
In reply to this post by Daniel Bolgheroni-6
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 02:21:44AM +0000, Daniel B. wrote:
> Hi misc@,
>
> Recently, I'm having some problems running some packages, specially the
> ones which use gtk+2, e.g. tagtool, easytag, and not so frequent, with
> firefox too.

Correlation does not imply causation. easytag and the other tag tools
crash lots because the tag libraries they use are PoS. The GTK part of
Firefox is small and unimportant compared to the vast amount of buggy
Mozilla code.

>
> Get this after a few seconds:
>
> $ easytag
> Abort trap (core dumped)
> $
>
> I'm running -current. Tried to raise some resources with ulimit but with
> no luck.
>
> Any clues? Thank you.

Run them in gdb and get a backtrace. Then hunt down the error and fix
it.

>
> My dmesg:
> OpenBSD 4.8 (GENERIC.MP) #0: Wed Aug 11 01:04:06 UTC 2010
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 937295872 (893MB)
> avail mem = 898519040 (856MB)
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.5 @ 0xf0000 (49 entries)
> bios0: vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD version "P09" date 05/05/2010
> bios0: FOXCONN M61PMV
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SSDT HPET MCFG SLIC APIC
> acpi0: wakeup devices HUB0(S5) XVR0(S5) XVR1(S5) XVR2(S5) UAR1(S5) USB0(S3) USB2(S3) AZAD(S5) MMAC(S5)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 25000000 Hz
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 10408.49 MHz
> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu0: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu0: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu0: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu0: apic clock running at 200MHz
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 2812.98 MHz
> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu1: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu1: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu1: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 11, 24 pins
> ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 4
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (HUB0)
> acpicpu0 at acpi0: PSS
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: PSS
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature 70 degC
> acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> "NVIDIA MCP61 Memory" rev 0xa1 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 ISA" rev 0xa2
> nviic0 at pci0 dev 1 function 1 "NVIDIA MCP61 SMBus" rev 0xa2
> iic0 at nviic0
> spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-6400CL5
> iic1 at nviic0
> iic1: addr 0x2f 01=33 02=33 03=33 04=33 05=33 06=33 07=33 08=33 09=60 0a=3f 0b=57 0c=98 11=70 12=40 5a=05 5b=10 5c=10 5d=19 5e=34 f0=20 f1=20 f2=02 fa=00 ff=5e words 00=ffff 01=33ff 02=33ff 03=33ff 04=33ff 05=33ff 06=33ff 07=33ff
> "NVIDIA MCP61 Memory" rev 0xa2 at pci0 dev 1 function 2 not configured
> ohci0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 USB" rev 0xa3: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5), version 1.0, legacy support
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 "NVIDIA MPC61 USB" rev 0xa3: apic 4 int 10 (irq 10)
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "NVIDIA EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61" rev 0xa1
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> vr0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0 "VIA VT6105 RhineIII" rev 0x86: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5), address 00:08:54:19:6a:a2
> ukphy0 at vr0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface, rev. 4: OUI 0x004063, model 0x0034
> rl0 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 "Realtek 8139" rev 0x10: apic 4 int 11 (irq 11), address 00:e0:7d:a9:13:06
> rlphy0 at rl0 phy 0: RTL internal PHY
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 5 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 HD Audio" rev 0xa2: apic 4 int 5 (irq 5)
> azalia0: codecs: VIA/0xe721
> audio0 at azalia0
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 6 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 IDE" rev 0xa2: DMA, channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
> pciide0: channel 0 disabled (no drives)
> pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
> nfe0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 LAN" rev 0xa2: apic 4 int 15 (irq 15), address 00:23:ae:ff:de:0b
> brgphy0 at nfe0 phy 0: BCM54XX 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 1
> pciide1 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 SATA" rev 0xa2: DMA
> pciide1: using apic 4 int 11 (irq 11) for native-PCI interrupt
> wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <SAMSUNG HD161GJ>
> wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 152627MB, 312581808 sectors
> wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6
> atapiscsi0 at pciide1 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <TSSTcorp, DVD+-RW TS-H653G, DW10> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide1:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
> pciide2 at pci0 dev 8 function 1 "NVIDIA MCP61 SATA" rev 0xa2: DMA
> pciide2: using apic 4 int 10 (irq 10) for native-PCI interrupt
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 9 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 11 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 "NVIDIA MCP61 PCIE" rev 0xa2
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
> vga1 at pci0 dev 13 function 0 "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430" rev 0xa2
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 24 function 0 "AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport" rev 0x00
> pchb1 at pci0 dev 24 function 1 "AMD AMD64 10h Address Map" rev 0x00
> pchb2 at pci0 dev 24 function 2 "AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg" rev 0x00
> km0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3 "AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg" rev 0x00
> pchb3 at pci0 dev 24 function 4 "AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg" rev 0x00
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
> it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8716F rev 3, EC port 0x290
> fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
> usb1 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "NVIDIA OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> umass0 at uhub0 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Sunplus Innovation Technology. USB to Serial-ATA bridge" rev 2.00/1.0f addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
> sd0 at scsibus1 targ 1 lun 0: <SPIF301, USB2SATA Bridge, 0108> SCSI2 0/direct removable
> sd0: drive offline
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Holtek product 0x1203" rev 2.00/2.80 addr 2
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev1 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Holtek product 0x1203" rev 2.00/2.80 addr 2
> uhidev1: iclass 3/0, 2 report ids
> uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
> uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 2: input=3, output=0, feature=0
> uhidev2 at uhub1 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "vendor 0x192f USB Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/2.00 addr 3
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> softraid0 at root
> root on wd0a swap on wd0b dump on wd0b
>
> --
> Daniel Bolgheroni <[hidden email]>
> FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial
> http://www.fei.edu.br
>
> ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
>  against HTML e-mail   X
>                       / \

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Ulrich Kahl
In reply to this post by Daniel Bolgheroni-6
Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:00:28 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
>> Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:21:44 +0000 (UTC)
>> schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :

[...]
>> Do you use the utf-8 locale (en_US.UTF-8)?
 
> Yes. But actually it doesn't matter. The dumps occur while reading
> the mp3 files at start in the case of audio/easytag, and when trying
> to work with multiple files in the case of audio/tagtool.
 
> This is why I think it's a common issue.

Does it still happen, when you don't use UTF-8, but
ISO8859-<something>?

        Ulrich

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random core dumped with gtk+2 packages

Daniel Bolgheroni-6
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Ulrich Kahl wrote:

> Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:00:28 +0000 (UTC)
> schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :
> > On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> >> Am Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:21:44 +0000 (UTC)
> >> schrieb "Daniel B." <[hidden email]> :
>
> [...]
> >> Do you use the utf-8 locale (en_US.UTF-8)?
>  
> > Yes. But actually it doesn't matter. The dumps occur while reading
> > the mp3 files at start in the case of audio/easytag, and when trying
> > to work with multiple files in the case of audio/tagtool.
>  
> > This is why I think it's a common issue.
>
> Does it still happen, when you don't use UTF-8, but
> ISO8859-<something>?

Same thing. But that was not the problem. UTF-8 is working fine here.

As Tobias Ulmer said, that was because crap tag libraries. Running with
gdb, I saw that was always core dumping when these packages were reading
a specific directory, maybe because corrupted files.

Both were stopping with a kill() from libc.so.56.0, but I don't have the
corrupted files anymore to reproduce the issue again.

But anyway, thank you for helping.

--
Daniel Bolgheroni <[hidden email]>
FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial
http://www.fei.edu.br

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 against HTML e-mail   X
                      / \