Questions regarding unwind.conf (block list)

Questions regarding unwind.conf (block list)

Felix Maschek
Hi,

I'm using unwind for a time and it is running perfect for me.

Now with the upcoming new plugin api of chrome with limited support for
uBlock I'm looking for an alternative.

Unfortunately I'm not able to specify a valid block list in unwind.conf.
I've added

     block list /etc/unwind.blocklist

My blocklist file contains (for testing purpose)

     heise.de
     stern.de

But there seems to be a syntax error I can't solve. In the log I have
the following entries:

     Nov 14 00:09:29 vatrox unwind[52933]: /etc/unwind.conf:4: syntax error
     Nov 14 00:09:29 vatrox unwind[52933]: configuration reload failed

So, what is wrong here?

And a follow-up question: is it possible to load a huge blocklist (with,
say 200.000) entries to replace the blocking within chrome?

Kind regards

Felix

Re: Questions regarding unwind.conf (block list)

myportslist20190323
On 11/13/2019 at 5:15 PM, "Felix Maschek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Unfortunately I'm not able to specify a valid block list in
>unwind.conf.
>I've added
>
>     block list /etc/unwind.blocklist

>But there seems to be a syntax error I can't solve. In the log I

I think it just needs quotes:

block list "/etc/unwind.blocklist"

Re: Questions regarding unwind.conf (block list)

Raf Czlonka-2
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 11:14:11PM GMT, Felix Maschek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using unwind for a time and it is running perfect for me.
>
> Now with the upcoming new plugin api of chrome with limited support for
> uBlock I'm looking for an alternative.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not able to specify a valid block list in unwind.conf.
> I've added
>
>     block list /etc/unwind.blocklist
>
> My blocklist file contains (for testing purpose)
>
>     heise.de
>     stern.de
>
> But there seems to be a syntax error I can't solve. In the log I have the
> following entries:
>
>     Nov 14 00:09:29 vatrox unwind[52933]: /etc/unwind.conf:4: syntax error
>     Nov 14 00:09:29 vatrox unwind[52933]: configuration reload failed
>
> So, what is wrong here?
>
> And a follow-up question: is it possible to load a huge blocklist (with, say
> 200.000) entries to replace the blocking within chrome?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Felix

Hi Felix,

I find this to be a fairly common syntax in OpenBSD - if you get
this type of error message, double-quote file/directory paths.

        block list "/etc/unwind.blocklist"

works just fine.

Regards,

Raf