Questions About Installation

Kaplan, Andrew H.
Hi there -

I have a Visualize C3700 system that I would like to install OpenBSD on at
this
time. I have several questions about the installation:

1. Is there a documented procedure on how to do the installation?
2. I want to download an ISO image and burn it onto CD. Should I use the
hp300 or hp700 image?

This is my first time doing this, so please excuse the dumb questions if they
come across that way. Thanks.

Re: Questions About Installation

Michael Shalayeff-2
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 12:26:55PM -0500, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> I have a Visualize C3700 system that I would like to install OpenBSD on at
> this
> time. I have several questions about the installation:
>
> 1. Is there a documented procedure on how to do the installation?
> 2. I want to download an ISO image and burn it onto CD. Should I use the
> hp300 or hp700 image?
>
> This is my first time doing this, so please excuse the dumb questions if they
> come across that way. Thanks.

why don't you give a shot to
http://www.openbsd.org/hppa.html

cu
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)

Re: Questions About Installation

Kaplan, Andrew H.
Hi there --

I plan on doing the installation via CD-ROM. When I create the installation
disk, should I burn everything that is in the ../4.0/hppa directory or simply
the cd40.iso file? Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 12:26:55PM -0500, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> I have a Visualize C3700 system that I would like to install OpenBSD on at
> this
> time. I have several questions about the installation:
>
> 1. Is there a documented procedure on how to do the installation?
> 2. I want to download an ISO image and burn it onto CD. Should I use the
> hp300 or hp700 image?
>
> This is my first time doing this, so please excuse the dumb questions if they
> come across that way. Thanks.

why don't you give a shot to
http://www.openbsd.org/hppa.html

cu
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)

the cd40.iso file? Thanks.

Re: Questions About Installation

Miod Vallat
> Hi there --
>
> I plan on doing the installation via CD-ROM. When I create the installation
> disk, should I burn everything that is in the ../4.0/hppa directory or simply
> the cd40.iso file? Thanks.

You should read the text file INSTALL.hppa located in the same
directory. It will tell you what the different files are, so that you
can decide which ones you need to burn.

Miod

Re: Questions About Installation

Miod Vallat
> > Hi there --
> >
> > I plan on doing the installation via CD-ROM. When I create the installation
> > disk, should I burn everything that is in the ../4.0/hppa directory or simply
> > the cd40.iso file? Thanks.
>
> You should read the text file INSTALL.hppa located in the same
> directory. It will tell you what the different files are, so that you
> can decide which ones you need to burn.

Replying to myself, you can save yourself a coaster since, as clearly
written in http://www.openbsd.org/hppa64.html, currently OpenBSD does
not run on your C3700.

Miod