Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Geir Svalland-2
Hello all.

Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html updated ?

Actual description are out of date. Don't work anymore.

/Hasse

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Michael Hekeler
Text on the bottom:
This site Copyright © 2015 Thomas Dwyer .

So maybe Thomas can do?
...or better you look in the official documentation.

> Am 07.03.2019 um 13:17 schrieb Geir Svalland <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello all.
>
> Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html updated ?
>
> Actual description are out of date. Don't work anymore.
>
> /Hasse

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Christer Solskogen-3
On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 13:19 Geir Svalland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html
> updated ?

Probably. But why not rather ask the person behind the site instead of this
mailing list?

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Stuart Henderson
On 2019-03-07, Christer Solskogen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 13:19 Geir Svalland <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html
>> updated ?
>>

> Probably. But why not rather ask the person behind the site instead of this
> mailing list?

No contact details on the site.

If people are going to put up content like this, PLEASE:

- mention the date and relevant OpenBSD version number up front
and clearly visible so people aren't tricked into thinking something
4 years old is still valid. (the iked page on this site is better in
this regard).

- provide contact details

- keeping it up to date would be nice too. getting it into shape
for www/faq/ would be even nicer, there's some useful information
there which would likely make a good addition.

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Antonino Sidoti
Hi,

No issue in finding the contact details. It is on the site.
Public Directory <http://tomd.tel/>

> On 8 Mar 2019, at 10:51 am, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2019-03-07, Christer Solskogen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 13:19 Geir Svalland <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html
>>> updated ?
>>>

>> Probably. But why not rather ask the person behind the site instead of this
>> mailing list?
>>

> No contact details on the site.
>
> If people are going to put up content like this, PLEASE:
>
> - mention the date and relevant OpenBSD version number up front
> and clearly visible so people aren't tricked into thinking something
> 4 years old is still valid. (the iked page on this site is better in
> this regard).
>
> - provide contact details
>
> - keeping it up to date would be nice too. getting it into shape
> for www/faq/ would be even nicer, there's some useful information
> there which would likely make a good addition.

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Zach Nedwich-2
http://tomd.tel

It appears the author has contact details on their personal site (which references puffysecurity). Might be worth getting in touch with them via the email listed.

On 8 March 2019 9:51:02 am AEST, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2019-03-07, Christer Solskogen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 13:19 Geir Svalland <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> Any chance to get the http://puffysecurity.com/wiki/opensmtpd.html
>>> updated ?
>>>

>> Probably. But why not rather ask the person behind the site instead
>of this
>> mailing list?
>>

>No contact details on the site.
>
>If people are going to put up content like this, PLEASE:
>
>- mention the date and relevant OpenBSD version number up front
>and clearly visible so people aren't tricked into thinking something
>4 years old is still valid. (the iked page on this site is better in
>this regard).
>
>- provide contact details
>
>- keeping it up to date would be nice too. getting it into shape
>for www/faq/ would be even nicer, there's some useful information
>there which would likely make a good addition.

Re: Puffy Security smtpd out of date

Marcus MERIGHI
[hidden email] (Zach Nedwich), 2019.03.08 (Fri) 08:06 (CET):
> http://tomd.tel
>
> It appears the author has contact details on their personal site
> (which references puffysecurity). Might be worth getting in touch with
> them via the email listed.

I did this on "Thu, 7 Mar 2019 19:41:57 +0100", the answer was along the
lines of "thanks for the heads up, I'm currently moving, no idea when
there will be time to update the guide".

Marcus