Problems with making a new release

russellf
I am trying to generate a new release incorporating the two recent
patches that I can then install on a number of other machines.

I have one system with all the sources and have successfully built and
installed the new kernel. Following the instruction in man release I am
now trying to generate something that I can install on other systems.

I don't really care about the floppy or CD images since I intend to
upgrade most of the systems remotely -- i.e. I am primarily interested
in the .tgz files and the new kernel.

when I did

cd /usr/src/etc && nice make release

It ground away for at least half an hour and then make terminated:
TOPDIR=/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA/..
CURDIR=/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA
OBJDIR=/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA/obj REV=38 TARGDIR=/mnt
UTILS=/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA/../../miniroot sh
/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA/../../miniroot/runlist.sh
/usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskA/../common/list
COPY ${OBJDIR}/instbin instbin
cp: /mnt/instbin: Read-only file system
*** Error code 1

[hmmmm... some wrapping of lines above ]

any idea what is actually wrong?

Cheers, Russell

Re: Problems with making a new release

Napoleon Dynamite
Hi Russel,

It looks like /mnt is mounted read only. If this is changed, it should work.

HTH,
Eric Buchanan

El Jue 09 Feb 2006 05:13 PM, Russell Fulton escribis: