Quantcast

Problem with NAT's on multiple devices behind firewall

Problem with NAT's on multiple devices behind firewall

A Hofer
This thread sums up my problem exactly, but they don't seem to think
there is a solution which surprises me.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/58832/

Basically I'm trying to get some PC's and consoles to have NAT type 1
and so far I can only get one of them working properly at any time
without resorting to upnp.

Could use some help, thanks.

Re: Problem with NAT's on multiple devices behind firewall

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/04/05 10:30, A Hofer wrote:

> This thread sums up my problem exactly, but they don't seem to think
> there is a solution which surprises me.
>
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/58832/
>
> Basically I'm trying to get some PC's and consoles to have NAT type 1 and
> so far I can only get one of them working properly at any time without
> resorting to upnp.
>
> Could use some help, thanks.

PF only has what is often referred to as "port-restricted cone nat",
if you want to allow incoming traffic to reach an internal machine that's
not in response to an outgoing connection then you're going to need rdr-to
or some other mechanism to poke holes in the firewall.

Re: Problem with NAT's on multiple devices behind firewall

miniupnp
Take a look at miniupnpd http://miniupnp.free.fr/
Take care to allow only the right IP's and ports