Presentation and searching for a arm board

Presentation and searching for a arm board

nicolas-2
Hello

I'm happy to be on the arm-openbsd mailing list.
I'm Nicolas Gruson, french openbsd user, quite a noob :-).
I already have a "production" openbsd server at work for a rails app
running on a old pc and have a debian server on an arm board.
I plan to get one for openbsd.
Do you have some recommandation for a fully supported arm board with
ethernet, video port (hdmi/vga) and sata port ?
I have read some articles on cubiboard, wanboard and banana pi but the
support seems incomplete.
Thanks

Nicolas G
______________________
http://gruson.name

Re: Presentation and searching for a arm board

Tuyosi Takesima
i think  openbsd's arm does not have even console yet .
but this is sufficient for both ssh and www server .
it is essential to be secure for servers .
---
regards

Re: Presentation and searching for a arm board

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 09:43:16AM +0200, nicolas wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm happy to be on the arm-openbsd mailing list.
> I'm Nicolas Gruson, french openbsd user, quite a noob :-).
> I already have a "production" openbsd server at work for a rails app
> running on a old pc and have a debian server on an arm board.
> I plan to get one for openbsd.
> Do you have some recommandation for a fully supported arm board with
> ethernet, video port (hdmi/vga) and sata port ?

We don't have HDMI/VGA/S-Video support for armv7 or arm64 yet.

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info

Re: Presentation and searching for a arm board

Tuyosi Takesima
all things go step by step , so i think .

Rs232c -> HDMI console -> HDMI X

once the openbsd system is installed to the arm bord ,
i only use ssh to the bord insted of RS232c .

it  is a very good property becase the door (for example) controlled by the
board will not need both monitor and keyboad .

the problem is security itself .
sshd controlled by ida or rsa is essential , so i think .
-----
regards

Re: Presentation and searching for a arm board

nicolas-2
Ok i wasn't aware of that.
:-(

Thanks anyway