Porting from linux

putridsoul66
I want to get into porting, I have experience
installing from source particularly on linux.

Is there a difference in how package works on
linux and openbsd? Is there a guide anyone
can point me to porting linux packages to
openbsd?

Are there different syscalls?
Directory systems are almost the same, in
concern to packages.
Is there a need to edit the source?

Re: Porting from linux

Antal Ispanovity
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/index.html

> I want to get into porting, I have experience
> installing from source particularly on linux.
>
> Is there a difference in how package works on
> linux and openbsd? Is there a guide anyone
> can point me to porting linux packages to
> openbsd?
>
> Are there different syscalls?
> Directory systems are almost the same, in
> concern to packages.
> Is there a need to edit the source?

Re: Porting from linux

Tom Smyth
Howdy Putrid... :)
Kurt M and Mark Espie have given some talks available from U Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyK_LloYZu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw2Gezj-Nkw

Peace out ...

--