Plist conflicts between branches

Christian Weisgerber
The way we merge back security changes to -stable creates the
situation where we have packages with the same name, but different
contents, e.g. pcre2-10.34 in OPENBSD_6_7 and pcre2-10.34 in
OPENBSD_6_6.

This causes PLIST conflicts when building such packages.  I just
tried to build a bunch of ports on 6.7-stable on a machine that I
had previously used for 6.6-stable, and promptly got PLIST errors
for devel/pcre2 and lang/ruby/2.5.

I'm not sure if there's a problem here that needs solving, but it's
an odd situation.

Re: Plist conflicts between branches

Stuart Henderson
On 2020/06/25 21:56, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> The way we merge back security changes to -stable creates the
> situation where we have packages with the same name, but different
> contents, e.g. pcre2-10.34 in OPENBSD_6_7 and pcre2-10.34 in
> OPENBSD_6_6.
>
> This causes PLIST conflicts when building such packages.  I just
> tried to build a bunch of ports on 6.7-stable on a machine that I
> had previously used for 6.6-stable, and promptly got PLIST errors
> for devel/pcre2 and lang/ruby/2.5.
>
> I'm not sure if there's a problem here that needs solving, but it's
> an odd situation.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [hidden email]

If it's a real problem then the simplest fix is probably to make sure
that -current is always "ahead" of -stable when we commit an update to
stable..