Playstations and PF de-fragmentation

Kevin Chadwick-4

I find that to prevent connection timeouts on playstations, the
following is required. Hopefully they will fix their packet AND
connection handling one day.

match from ! $ps3 scrub(tcp reassembly)
match from $ps3 scrub(without tcp reassembly)

Re: Playstations and PF de-fragmentation

Maxim Bourmistrov-5

Thanks for sharing.
I’ll re-use this at home.

Br

> 1 maj 2017 kl. 01:43 skrev Kevin Chadwick <[hidden email]>:
>

> I find that to prevent connection timeouts on playstations, the
> following is required. Hopefully they will fix their packet AND
> connection handling one day.
>
> match from ! $ps3 scrub(tcp reassembly)
> match from $ps3 scrub(without tcp reassembly)

Re: Playstations and PF de-fragmentation

Kevin Chadwick-4
On Wed, 3 May 2017 08:02:10 +0200

> Thanks for sharing.
> I’ll re-use this at home.
>
> Br
>
> > 1 maj 2017 kl. 01:43 skrev Kevin Chadwick <[hidden email]>:
> >

> > I find that to prevent connection timeouts on playstations, the
> > following is required. Hopefully they will fix their packet AND
> > connection handling one day.
> >
> > match from ! $ps3 scrub(tcp reassembly)
> > match from $ps3 scrub(without tcp reassembly)

These links have since been brought to my attention privately:

http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Scrub-reassemble-tcp-td259581.html
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=126344466917828&w=2

So despite the small benefits, it is better to just not use the "tcp
reassembly" option at all.

Perhaps a pf.conf man patch could mention the potential of window
scaling incompatibility even if I have had very few if any issues with
other devices?