Pidgin-OTR - "Authenticate buddy" option does nothing

Pidgin-OTR - "Authenticate buddy" option does nothing

Libertas
I'm running the March 5th snapshot of OpenBSD 5.7 on a ThinkPad X201.
My X windows setup is just startx and cwm from the base with a few
simple changes to the default configs.

I have the Pidgin and Pidgin-OTR packages installed, and both seem to
generally work fine. However, when I use the OTR dropdown menu in a chat
window and select the "Authenticate buddy" option, nothing happens. When
I go to the fingerprints section of the OTR plugin preferences, I can
manually verify keys.

My package versions are:

    pidgin-2.10.11p0
    pidgin-otr-4.0.0v0

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Pidgin-OTR - "Authenticate buddy" option does nothing

Stefan Sperling-5
On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 06:31:30PM -0400, Libertas wrote:

> I'm running the March 5th snapshot of OpenBSD 5.7 on a ThinkPad X201.
> My X windows setup is just startx and cwm from the base with a few
> simple changes to the default configs.
>
> I have the Pidgin and Pidgin-OTR packages installed, and both seem to
> generally work fine. However, when I use the OTR dropdown menu in a chat
> window and select the "Authenticate buddy" option, nothing happens. When
> I go to the fingerprints section of the OTR plugin preferences, I can
> manually verify keys.
>
> My package versions are:
>
>     pidgin-2.10.11p0
>     pidgin-otr-4.0.0v0
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm seeing this, too. Haven't been bothered enough to look into it.
GTK-based code scares me ;-)