Performance Degradation And acpi0 CPU Usage

Performance Degradation And acpi0 CPU Usage

tekk
Hey all,
I'm using snapshots on a Thinkpad T480 and I've noticed that I
eventually run into performance issues: videos start lagging,
the keyboard starts to repeat inputs, programs take several second
to respond to clicks or keypresses, etc. It seems to happen
eventually, but at rando with no reliable trigger. Not tied into
desktop environment and iirc this has happened to me in previous
releases as well. One consistent thing is that if I go into
systat, the acpi0 process will be using a lot (80%+) of CPU.

As far as I know it can't be fixed except for rebooting, and
on rare occasions I've run into this behavior being triggered
by the time booting is finished and I'm in gdm.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Danny

dmesg (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Performance Degradation And acpi0 CPU Usage

tekk
I think I've found a correlation: it seems like the system gets stuck in
some sort of hard power save mode once the battery hits critical, even after
plugging the charger in. Has anyone seen this behavior?